Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have a number of problems which may be connected and I would appreciate assistance. Please see the home page at http://www.websitecraft.co.uk. The module named “Clients’ login” is in position Left and modules named “Key points”, “This website” and “Domain check” are in position Right. Clients’ login is the standard Joomla login module, Domain check is a 3rd party module and the others are customer HTML modules. I realise I have to click “reset modules status” after each change described below. Notice that the tabs in JA tabs (User7) display okay on hover-over.

Problem 1:
    Changing the value of Template Layout (Joomla template admin panel) between Left and Right has no effect; the body stays on the left and the Left & Right position on the right whatever. This is the most serious problem and I will raise a critical support ticket on 3 Aug 09 if I do not receive a resolution here or find one myself.

The following problems can be avoided by not using the standard Joomla login module!

Problem 2:
    The modules in position Right are below Position User7 and are double width.

Problem 3:
    The login module doesn’t work. But it I move it to position 5 it does work.

Problem 4:
    If I move “Clients’ login” to position Right. The Right column is positioned okay but the login still doesn’t work.

Problem 5:
    The JA tabs module in position 7 displays modules in position User1. If I disable “Whos online” and move “Clients’ login to position User1 it doesn’t work in the JA tabs either. I assume the order of the modules in position User1 is with “Clients’ login” first. Also, now the other two modules in JA tabs don’t display on hover-over.

Configuration
    URL: websitecraft.co.uk
    Server: Linux CentOS; php 5.2.9; MySQL 5.1.30.
    Joomla: 1.5.13; Cache No;
    Template: ja_labra_for_joomla_1.5.v1.2.zip but with one modification found in JA Fedora forum to achieve correct indent of 3rd level menu items (see code below).
    Editor: JCE com_jce_157_154_package.zip.
    Client: Firefox 3.0.12/Vista 32-bit.

Template CSS addition:
    ul.menu li ul li ul{
    background:transparent url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-x scroll center top;
    list-style-image:none;
    list-style-position:outside;
    list-style-type:none;
    margin:0 0 0 15px;
    padding:0;
    }

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

I am sorry for my delay.

Maybe you don’t understand about the structure of this template.

For more detail, please go to the link http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-labra-userguide/ to solve your issue.

zealand Friend

Saying “Maybe you don’t understand about the structure of this template” is not helpful and gives a poor impression to members. Exactly what do you mean by “structure”? I have read the User Guide many times and it is very basic. I am sure I understand it. I admit that I do not understand how all the PHP/HTML/CSS/JS achieves its effect but that is why I request help in the forums. So if future please tell me what extra information or actions you want from me so we can jointly resolve problems. I am sure you would agree that the template is not free of bugs. I am quite happy to admit that I can make mistakes too.

I have decided not to use the standard Joomla module mod_login so I am not asking you to investigate my problems above now. However, there is some evidence that there are bugs in the interaction between this module and JA Tabs in JA Labra. So I would suggest JoomlArt includes embedding mod_login in JA Tabs when testing this and other templates in future. The same goes for any members using this combination.

Felipe Santos Friend

Hi fellas, i have the same problem.

how to change index content position?
    i tried by module: position but doenst work.

i would like to have menu to left content at center, and a third column at right.

thank you

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@zealand 146549 wrote:</em><blockquote>Saying “Maybe you don’t understand about the structure of this template” is not helpful and gives a poor impression to members. Exactly what do you mean by “structure”? I have read the User Guide many times and it is very basic. I am sure I understand it. I admit that I do not understand how all the PHP/HTML/CSS/JS achieves its effect but that is why I request help in the forums. So if future please tell me what extra information or actions you want from me so we can jointly resolve problems. I am sure you would agree that the template is not free of bugs. I am quite happy to admit that I can make mistakes too.

I have decided not to use the standard Joomla module mod_login so I am not asking you to investigate my problems above now. However, there is some evidence that there are bugs in the interaction between this module and JA Tabs in JA Labra. So I would suggest JoomlArt includes embedding mod_login in JA Tabs when testing this and other templates in future. The same goes for any members using this combination.</blockquote>

=> Hi zealand

I am terribly sorry for my mistake. Could you can submit a ticket, send me your admin account, ftp account so that i could have a closer look on the issue.

Now, in your website, maybe you disabled modules, it is not like your first thread.

Your admin account which you sent is incorrect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum