Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am wondering if there is any way to add a module position on top of left and right module position. Basically a module position to show slide show in a vertical aspect. So where that module is activated the left and right don’t show, but instead a module position that occupying both spaces in a bigger module. And in other places I want to still use the left and right position. I don’t want to use them simultaneously.

All your help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    ecology10

Sherlock Friend

Hi ecology10 !
    You can do it following way below :
    Open index.php file in templates/ja_labra folder, find following code section at about line 185 :

<!-- BEGIN: COLUMNS -->
    <div id="ja-colwrap">
    <?php if ($ja_left) { ?>

change to :

<div id="ja-colwrap">
    <div id="masscol"><!-- add module here --></div>
    <?php if ($ja_left) { ?>

ecology10 Friend

I am sorry for not relpying right after, but i will check it out and let you know how it looks.

Thanks
    ecology10

bapafm Friend

<em>@hainn84 81504 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ecology10 !
    You can do it following way below :
    Open index.php file in templates/ja_labra folder, find following code section at about line 185 :

<div id="ja-colwrap">
    <?php if ($ja_left) { ?>

change to :

<div id="ja-colwrap">
    <div id="masscol"><!-- add module here --></div>
    <?php if ($ja_left) { ?>

</blockquote>
    Sadly this didn’t work for me – maybe I need to add something else too?

The template briefly shows the new module position (empty) when you refresh the page, but as the page loads the left and right modules simply move up into the space. Even if you have something in the module it doesn’t show. I tried clicking on the “refresh modules” button but still nothing.

Ideally it would be good to have a wide module that could fit in above the left and right modules below, but collapse when not needed. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Made some progress using this slightly fuller code

<div id="ja-colwrap">
    <!--BEGIN VIDEO-->
    <div id="video" class="clearfix">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="video" />
    </div>
    <?php if ($ja_left) { ?>
    <div id="ja-col1">

However, on pages where either left or right columns are empty the wider video module spills over the edge of the template. Clearly need some CSS to specify the width of the module, but do I also need some extra code in the index.php to make the template recognise when this is happening?

I will experiment, but if any kind person knows the answer effortlessly and could let me know what I need to add it would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bapafm 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum