Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I need to create a template override for the mod_breadcrumbs module.

We have modified the helper.php file which sits within the module/mod_breadcrumbs folder. Of course when we upgraded Joomla (from 2.5.16 to 2.5.19) it overrode the helper.php file.

So I would like to create a template override. What I did was create a folder called mod_breadcrumbs in the html folder of our default template. (ie /templates/our_default_template/html/mod_breadcrumbs) I then placed the helper.php file we have modified into that folder.

That didn’t override the core file unfortunately. I tried adding copies of all the other files in the core mod_breadcrumbs folder (mod_breadcrumbs.php, mod_breadcrumbs.xml) and also the default.php file from within the ‘tmpl’ folder but that didn’t work either.

Have I missed something or don’t template overrides work on the breadcrumbs module or the helper.php file?

Any help appreciated!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>/templates/our_default_template/html/mod_breadcrumbs</blockquote>

Our templates only support to override view layout of extensions, not override the core extensions. In this case, I am afraid we could not support to override helper.php file of mod_breadcrumbs module.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum