Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Just installed the ja pollux template and found that the green and red colors aren’t applying correctly to the modules. Problems seems to be that the applicable gifs in the images folder are indeed grey. What’s more, is the color selector buttons have a green selector but the alt text describes it as grey, as is the associated image names.
    I’ve been able to fix most of this (except for tackling the module color images), but just wanted to vent my dissatisfaction. Being a paid member, I expected a higher quality template than this.:eek:

Gunshot Friend

None of the color buttons work for me….and I need the page to default to “wide”

no matter what value I edit the html to (wide, narrow, auto……..or green, blue, 0) nothing makes any difference….I can get the user selection bar at the top to disappear…but thats about all that works.

also tried editing the index.php…..

nothing changes

defaults to narrow and the default color

rinogranito Friend

Hello,

Same problem here. Editing the index.php does not have any apparent changes on the web page.

Colors red and Green once selected from the user top menu does not colorize the modules…

Plus the demo page has a module top right which is filled with the default color. Now did you do that ??

Many Questions

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi all,

I see your confusing about the color schemes of Pollux. Just to say that what you have said is not the bug of the template, so don’t worry. Let me explain something!

Firstly, about the “green” or “grey” word.
    As you can see that the Default color of Pollux is a little sandy, and the Grey color (Module, Main Menu, Background,…) is grey. Just some highlight elements is green! 😉 So we decide to name it Grey! Furthermore at the 1st release of this template, we have only two color schemes, default and grey!

Secondly, about “why the scheme does not change the module color?”.
    We designed Pollux with clean and simplicity in mind. So, there are only highlight elements in the template have the contrast colors with the rest. That’s why you see the normal module is only grey. If you want to make it different (high contrast and easily catch the eyes of your visitors), just feed it a Module Class Suffix -hilite. (BTW, please refer to the Documentation to know how to do this.)

@gunshot: Please try to clear Cookies and Cache of your bowser after applying the new color scheme or screen mode. 😉

holahola84 Friend

To be frank, it makes no sense to have default and blue color scheme highlighting all menus and modules, but not the other 2 colors. And also the red & grey css styles for many instances is same as blue or default (i.e. links is blue color, button & input box is default color etc.). The inconsistency is too obvious.

Dun misunderstand, for me this is one of the nicest joomla template I seen so far, but its obvious that work progress is incompleted, and for a commercial stuff, this shldnt be the way.

For now Im hacking and editing the css-styles and images for the grey and red color scheme myself, it shld be done in 2 days. But for the horizontal navigation part Im only changing images color for transmenu since its the one im using. Im uploading the files here soon, so pple with the same issues can get their colors working.

Again, I think the templates here are nice, but I really suggest you guys to put abit more effort in customer support. Thx =)

techjig Friend

Well, I have had a few problems myself, but I do like this template. I’m pretty new at working with Joomla, so thought it was also my noobiness. I’ve decided to make as little color changes as possible, but still have a few to go. I do have one strange and annoying problem.

I changed the background color in /ja_pollux/css/colors/grey.css to make it green. It is green, but whenever you click on a main menu link the screen flashes the background color, which I don’t like. I want it to be a smooth transistion to the next page. Do I need to change something else or did I change this in the wrong place?

My site is http://www.techjig.com

techjig Friend

I forgot to ask —

Where do we make this setting at?

Module Class Suffix -hilite.

ha le-viet Developer

Hi techjig,

Go to your Administration Panel, Modules menu, and select your module. Check the parameters of the module, there will be an parameter name “module class suffix” if it is supported by that module.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ha le-viet 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum