Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Using JA_University 2016 version, I have made custom icons for the departments in the previous 2013 version of the template however the icons do not seem to be situated in the same place in the new version. Could you please tell me where to look for?

1. Screen-Shot-2016-06-19-at-12.58.37-PM
    pavit Moderator

Hi there

Please take a look at similar topics HERE and HERE

Regards

mosprep Friend

Sorry the recommendations in the posts do not solve my problem. The result of the suggested modifications to the template.css file is in the attached screenshot.

In addition there are several rather incomprehensible instructions in the thread you have provided, that I would appreciate having clarified by you.

Hi

To change font-awesome icons with your icon you should change css file

templatesja_university_t3fontsfont-awesomecssfont-awesome.css then choose the font-awesome icon

Example :

.fa-bookmark:before { content: "f02e"; }

change it to :

.fa-bookmark:before { content: "url to your image"; }

I have 8 icons, consequently 8 images, so which url namely am I supposed to use where you quote "url to your image";

As to the second part of the recommendation,

@joelle.Rallion-Autet 481012 wrote:

hello, I’ve tried all of these, and nothing works, I don’t understand… Best, Joelle

Hi

Since you are using a customized theme you should edit this file /templates/ja_university-t3/local/css/themes/teal/template.css line 1923 and edit it in this way :

.department-list ul.department-list li.icon-1 a:before { content: "f0b1"; }

TO :

.department-list ul.department-list li.icon-1 a:before { content: url("../../images/icons/youricon.png"); }

Then copy into this folder templatesja_university_t3imagesicons youricon.png file Repeat same step with new images icons for icon-1 , icon-3, icon-4 etc etc

it seems more straight forward and I have applied the steps indicated, however the problem represented in the screenshot makes the solution nonviable.

Please recommend an alternative solution that would allow me to display the icons correctly.

1. Screen-Shot-2016-06-22-at-4.32.29-PM
    pavit Moderator

Hi there

Please share as private reply a temp super user account to your backend and i will apply needed changes directly at your website, in this way you can look at my settings directly .

Also list here the 8 icons names you want to be applied and their url on your website

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum