Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Surely the answer should be somewhere in this file modules/mod_jaslideshow2/assets/themes/travel/style.css ?
    I don’t know enough about this to mess around with the css. So I would really prefer for you to tell me what to change.

I desperately need to get this sorted out tom. PLease help me.

swissa Friend

<em>@creativedesigns 312915 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    i am not wanting to use the slideshow module as a slideshow. Instead I am wanting to put one different banner on each page (as you can see from the homepage on the URL above).. The problem is – i really need the image (where the slideshow would usually go) to fit exactly on the background.</blockquote>

Guilty again of stepping in on a thread – Sorry Tom! :-[

If you are not wanting to use slideshow as a slideshow may I suggest that you don’t use it at all?! πŸ˜‰

If you look at Tiris, for pages apart from the front page, the top image banner changes for every menΓΌ item / page using JA-Masshead. You can set the images as you want – either with margins on the image or the image across the whole width of the site.

Might be an easier way to solve your problem?

creativedesigns Friend

Thanks for your message Swissa.
    Instead of using it as a slideshow, all I’ve done is created a Custom HTML module, added in the image and placed it in the slideshow module position.

I have already done most of the work I needed to do on this template – it’s too late in the game to change the entire template now πŸ™
    Can you think of any other way I can do this?

swissa Friend

If you want to have custom-html then you’ll be using a module for every page – is that right? Lots more load on the site whereas with Masshead it is just one module. If you want to stay as you are personally I’d go with Tom’s #4 with adding a height rule in. Will keep it looking consistent and makes sense.

Maybe try removing the slideshow background element to keep it simple

#ja-slideshow {

• background: #1A4C63;
    • height: 323px;

}

creativedesigns Friend

Yes, the banner will be different on every page.
    The problem with Tom’s suggestion is that he suggested I make the background color area higher. This would push all my info downward, and possibly even below the fold.. this is something I am trying to avoid.
    I’ve just tried your suggestion above, but nothing changes πŸ™
    Any other suggestions?

swissa Friend

Sorry, but are you sure you are adding the code in the right place??

http://www.creative-designs.co.za/2012-travel/templates/ja_travel/themes/dark_blue/css/template.css

1. Screen-Shot-2012-04-11-at-19.37.26
    TomC Moderator

<em>@swissa 313426 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, but are you sure you are adding the code in the right place??

http://www.creative-designs.co.za/2012-travel/templates/ja_travel/themes/dark_blue/css/template.css

</blockquote>

swissa . . . . perhaps you can provide the exact file path and css rule line number – so we can both see the method you are suggesting to accomplish the desired end result. πŸ™‚

creativedesigns Friend

OMG !!! You’re amazing!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO INFINITY!!!
    Swissa, it worked!!
    I was adding it in the module style.css file .. now that i added it to the template.css file, it worked!! You’ve made me happy πŸ™‚ THANK YOU!!

swissa Friend

Hiya Tom,

It’s exactly the file you gave first off – /templates/ja_travel/themes/dark_blue/css/template.css. What I suggested is that if Masshead was not a good alternative that creativedesigns remove the inherent background image as it is at a set size that buggers up your good height idea.

Just to swap @ line 174

#ja-slideshow {

}

for this

#ja-slideshow {

• background: #1A4C63;
    • height: 323px;

}

Works in my Chrome unless its pulling some sneaky trick on me! Do feel free to kick me if it is and I’ll throw it in the lake! πŸ˜‰

swissa Friend

<em>@creativedesigns 313430 wrote:</em><blockquote>OMG !!! You’re amazing!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO INFINITY!!!
    Swissa, it worked!!
    I was adding it in the module style.css file .. now that i added it to the template.css file, it worked!! You’ve made me happy πŸ™‚ THANK YOU!!</blockquote>

Dude, thank Tom, it was his idea!! πŸ™‚

creativedesigns Friend

Thank you Tom as well πŸ™‚
    Just glad this was finally resolved! Started thinking it would never be! haha

railer Friend

Thanks for this thread. I have a related problem, but I don’t think it was mentioned above.

Like creativedesigns, I’m placing custom header images on my inner pages. They measure 960px X 100px. I’ve created custom html modules to contain them. I’m using JA Travel’s Dark Blue theme.

Problem: The dark blue background on either side of the header image only goes down about 60px. Below that there is another bluish-purple gradient background image (see the attached screenshot) about 40px high, set by the following css for the Dark Blue theme.

#ja-slideshow .wrap-inner1{

background-image: url("../images/shadow-bg.png");

}

If I comment out that background-image from the css, it affects the main JA Slideshow background image leaving an ugly reddish glow at the left and right edges of the Home page JA Slideshow image. (It looks like the “reddish glow” is the caused by the default red theme color background art showing through.)

Question: How do I get the dark blue background (slideshow-bg.png) to descend to the full 100px depth and solve the issue with the bluish-purple gradient without affecting JA Slideshow?

Screenshot:

I’m also interested in using JA Masshead, but I’ll stick to the custom html for the time being, so I can solve this problem.

Note that my Home page JA Slideshow is the default size of 960px X 354px.

Thanks for your help.
    Railer

1. header_screenshot
    TomC Moderator

So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General settings

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum