Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody,

I’m new at T3 (and not so experienced with less).

I’m trying to find and modify bootrstrap less variables to manage rounded corners in button, forms etc.

I thought I had to modify variables:

@border-radius-base
    @border-radius-large
    @border-radius-small

in:

/templates/t3_bs3_blank/less/variables.less

But it doesent’t works…

Can anybody tell me how to set border radius to 0px via less?

Thank you!
    Elisabetta

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # You should not do that. It will cause much troubles and you will also lost your modify after upgrade template. Please work with custom.css
    # In case you still need to do that then you will need recompile after modified less files.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

bettabi Friend

Hi and thanks for your reply!

Do you mean that I should not use less to manage T3 customization?

(By the way, It does not work neither after recompiling…)

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    I mean you should not touch into JA core files. Instead of that you can work with custom.css

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Scott Lavelle Friend

The variables.less file is NOT a core file. Yes – it’s true that you will lose these changes as part of a t3_blank when you upgrade the template itself, but there are processes of what to backup when you do this upgrade, so the key here would be to make sure you backup this file along with others before doing the upgrade.

While I DO recommend that the custom.css file is used where it is appropriate, the variables.less file is useful for publishing site-wide changes. I don’t know the answer to the exact question that you are asking, but I would recommend that you learn the variables that you CAN change through that file.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # Bootstrap less files are stil core of T3 Framework. You’ll lose your customize when upgrade T3.
    # At end users work, modify core files are not suggest. Because lots of reason. Lost customize just one if it.
    # At “developement” side. Modify core files are suggested. Because you can optimize css as your needed. Instead override ( by this way you can reduce css sized )

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Scott Lavelle Friend

Viet – totally disagree with this. Things like “@brand-primary” are completely useless if you don’t edit these files, as are things like the height of the menu, the base font size, the base font, etc. These things flow throughout the site for a ton of settings adjustable with a single change vs using 20 different css rules in the custom.css file.

The custom.css is usful for a lot of things, but I feel like overriding the useful less variables is not one of them.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    That’s why i have this
    <blockquote># At “developement” side. Modify core files are suggested. Because you can optimize css as your needed. Instead override ( by this way you can reduce css sized )</blockquote>

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Scott Lavelle Friend

Sorry Viet – my assumption is typically that an end user wouldn’t even know what LESS is, let alone know where to find these files – or the css for that matter. I’d assume that this was ALWAYS on the development end.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It’s ok. So … if users want to modify any files that want. But yes. They must accept their own risky 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum