Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

for some reason, the mod_janews_fp in sidebar profile not working with K2 items!
    I’m trying to set up something like the FEATURED NEWS module in the Teline IV template
    http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_teline_iv

but use K2 blog content instead…

I’ve tried doing this with joomla content and it works just fine… Any ideas guys?
    Is there something special that we are suppose to do when choosing the K2 content
    instead of joomla content?

Image is attached for better clarity 🙂

1. error-2
    Sherlock Friend

Dear ar2solutions,

Maybe you have not set any k2 items to Featured items, just go to k2 contents set any item to featured.

I think it would help 🙂

ar2solutions Friend

<em>@dathq 212393 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear ar2solutions,

Maybe you have not set any k2 items to Featured items, just go to k2 contents set any item to featured.

I think it would help :)</blockquote>

thank you for the kind reply,

that is the first thing i checked for when the problem occurred but it wasn’t the solution 🙁
    I have only one k2 item which is featured and categorized under only one section….

any ideas?

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@ar2solutions 212784 wrote:</em><blockquote>thank you for the kind reply,

that is the first thing i checked for when the problem occurred but it wasn’t the solution 🙁
    I have only one k2 item which is featured and categorized under only one section….

any ideas?</blockquote>

Yes, i requested our developer adding a parameter to show or not show k2 items or front-page articles. For now, try this solutions :

1) open the file: modulesmod_janews_fphelpersadapterk2.php
    2) remove the following code:
    [PHP]
    $query .= “n AND i.featured = 1”;
    [/PHP]

nataliia Friend

I think you can help me…:((
    After I installed JA News Frontpage Module and theme update module JA News Frontpage Module stopped working.
    I understand that in demo, in position R-1 (in both Profile Selection and Theme Selection) “sidebar” has been chosen.
    I choose from Select Categories the list of categories that I need. Then i set the number of articles to 4:
    Number of Featured Articles-4
    Max Chars of Featured Articles -10
    Max Chars of Normal Frontpage -Artcile-60
    As a result there is only one article shows on my web site and in addition it is not from the category that I have set.
    Before update this part was working fine.
    I have not set K-2.

thank you

thuanlq Friend

Dear @nataliia,
    Your problems are due to number of featured articles in your selected categories which is fetched by ja news frontpage module.

Please provide me your website link, i need check your site to give you solutions.
    Please update your ticket, with your site login info. You can login to the Support system using your forum username/password.

nataliia Friend

<em>@thuanlq 218106 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear @nataliia,

Please update your ticket, with your site login info. </blockquote>
    Thank you, ticket #FYT-415-87397

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nataliia 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum