Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Just wondering how I can change the links that the spotlight module mod_jacatslwi points to. I want the ability to edit the text and image in the articles section, but dont want the actual article to be the link, rather something like http://www.fastride.com.au/forum.

Am using latest joomla, and have many changes to the template, including moving the mod_jacatslwi module into a different position.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi techdomain,

I am sorry for my delay.

I have tried to login to your website but could not. I saw an error:

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

Please update the account again.

techdomain Friend

apologies, have updated the details above. Cheers, JRW.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi techdomain,

Current this module does not support your idea and your idea is difficult to support.

Alternatively, please take into consideration to post your requirements on Joomlancers.com to find a talent freelancer for your project.
    I am sorry for not being of much help in this case.

techdomain Friend

hmm. your right, that isnt the answer I am after. Might have to get my hands dirty a bit in the code….!

kristobal1969 Friend

Hi,
    Have you manage to change the code in order to have a specific link ?
    If you did, I would be happy if you can share it. Thanks a lot.
    Instead of heading to the article, I want the link to head to the category id.(the same as the one selected in the module. This should be easy !).

The line to change is line 52 (I think),
    This line seems to tell what article to open. But I want the Category to open in order to open all the articles of the category (blog type)
    [PHP] $link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($l->slug, $l->catslug, $l->sectionid));[/PHP]

I am unable to change it (tried but nothing works well). I hope somebdoy knows.
    Thanks.

Kris

kristobal1969 Friend

Nobody to help ?

lulubug Friend

Hi There,

Have you had any luck with this? I am DESPERATE to get this done. I have 5 images in this module and I need them all to link to a different article within my site. I could even get them to link to a different category if that is possible (I can work around that) but I just need that ability for each of them to have a different link.

Please help if you have any advice or solutions or even a nudge in the right direction!

Thanks
    Lulubug

kristobal1969 Friend

Hi,
    I opened a thread and the solution to MY problem has been found by JA Developer (and really fast):
    go there.
    As far as your problem is concerned, I would advise you to create 5 modules, selecting only the 1st article of each category for each module and publishing all these 5 modules in an article using that kind of code in your joomla article :
    [PHP]{loadposition contenu1} {loadposition contenu2} {loadposition contenu3} {loadposition contenu4} {loadposition contenu5}[/PHP]
    I did that in a sheet with 5 columns. You get it ?
    The only problem I have is that the background set to 80% of black displays 100% black in IE 7 (at least. I did not try another version of ie) but correct in firefox. If you have the solution to that problem, please help me.

I hope this can help you, and I tink it may if I understood you problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kristobal1969 14 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum