Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

In JA_Events II the module, mod_articles_popular has an override template that is forcing it to sort by popularity. Instead I need it to sort by creation date of the article. Please provide some direction to achieve this.

Here is the code snippet from the override:

<script>
    (function ($) {
      $(document).ready(function(){ 
        **$("#mostread-<?php echo $module->id; ?>.mostread").owlCarousel({**
          navigation : true,
          pagination: false,
          items: 3,
          loop: false,
          scrollPerPage : true,
          autoHeight: false,
          navigationText : ["<i class='fa fa-angle-left'></i>", "<i class='fa fa-angle-right'></i>"],
          itemsDesktop : [1199, 3],
          itemsDesktopSmall : [979, 2],
          itemsTablet : [768, 2],
          itemsTabletSmall : [600, 2],
          itemsMobile : [479, 1]
        });
      });
    })(jQuery);
    &lt;/script&gt;

Thanks,
    James

Saguaros Moderator

Hi James,

This is Articles – Most Read module of Joomla which shows a list of the currently published Articles which have the highest number of page views. Unfortunately, this module doesn’t provide ordering option by default. The above override code is for carousel layout only, there is not any parameter for the date, kindly check again.

hjames Friend

You are correct, I was hoping there would be a quick code change that I could do to tweak it to suite my needs? The layout and functionality are all perfect, but the ordering I need is by date vs popularity.

Thanks,
    James

Saguaros Moderator

You will have to customise the base code of this module because as its name, it shows most read articles. If you’re not familiar with code, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum