Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

For those of you who installed the quick start package on 1.5 and got a hot topic module like this:
    Sorry I deleted the image by mistake, Basically the overlay was white (yuck)
    And would rather have something a little more slick (and readable) like this:
    Sorry I deleted the image by mistake, Basically the overlay was black (slick)
    Then do the following:

• Open the Hot Topic module mod_ja_catslwi and change the following parameters to look like the image below:

Sorry image deleted, but it’s not hard to figure out.

• Next open ja_catslwi.css found here: modules > mod_ja_catslwi > ja_catslwi.css. In your favorite html editor and find the following line:

.ja-catslwi-display h3 {
    letter-spacing: normal !important;
    }

And replace with the following:

.ja-catslwi-display h3 {
    letter-spacing: normal !important;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

You will then have a nice 40% black transparant background with white headline & light gray text.

These tutorials are made on my own time and server bandwith, so don’t forget to say thank you if you find them helpful. 😉
    Enjoy 🙂

mfcphil Friend

We want more of these tutorials!!! 😉

instantinlaw Friend

Well, I’ve decided to merge all my collectibles sites into one mega collectibles site and I figured that Teline II would be a good choice for that project.
    I will most likely be doing some heavy modifications to the template, so as I go along I will try to squeeze some more tutorials out of it.
    Stay Tuned 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Thats great new hopefully some of your super image tutorials will sneak in here 😀 Things like creating borders perhaps (like photo frames etc.) and changing colours of site backgrounds and modules

instantinlaw Friend

I will have to get the video program working again for that. It’s difficult to make these tutorials using just images, but we’ll see. 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Any chance of a link to the site Bill so I can drop in for a peek every now and then..;)

instantinlaw Friend

mfcphil;59076Any chance of a link to the site Bill so I can drop in for a peek every now and then..;)

Not just yet. I want to get a bit further along before I let people visit.
    I’ll let you know when though. 🙂

felsimedia Friend

Great! Thanks a lot. Joomlart should pay you for this 😀

instantinlaw Friend

felsimedia;65004Great! Thanks a lot. Joomlart should pay you for this 😀

I like the way you think felsimedia 😉

marizaga Friend

Desintale el mod-jacatslwi y lo volvi a instalar pero ahora cuando lo publico me da error 500 y directamente no puedo ver mi sitio.
    gracias

instantinlaw Friend

marizaga;76756Desintale el mod-jacatslwi y lo volvi a instalar pero ahora cuando lo publico me da error 500 y directamente no puedo ver mi sitio.
    gracias

Trate de bajar el teline II paquete de inicio rápido y descomprimir. En su interior se encuentra una carpeta de extensiones. Instalar mod_ja_catslwi.zip de la misma manera que instalar ningún extensión.
    Yo no hablo español, así que por favor trate de contestar en Inglés.

mutiara Friend

Hot topic module not working proper in IE. What i should do. Anybody can help me. Text was below the image. :-*

jose vega Friend

in internet explorer i am to see wrong this module mod_jacatslwi.

the layout text are out page in ie.

in firefox it is ok.

Need help please.

can you to see the problem here.

http://www.plagasexpress.es/

thanks.

jose vega Friend

seing wrong this module mod_jacatslwi

——————————————————————————–

in internet explorer i am to see wrong this module mod_jacatslwi.

the layout text are out page in ie.

in firefox it is ok.

Need help please.

can you to see the problem here.

http://www.plagasexpress.es/

thanks.

jose vega Friend

hot topic

when changing the images in hot topic

these they are not visible

Where to solve this problem?

Thank you

http://www.plagasexpress.es /

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum