Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have 4 problems I need to fix:

Four Problems I need to fix

1. I’m having a problem with mobile (smartphone) view. In a computer browser the homepage has a facebook feed in the fourth column in a 1×3 tile configuration – it works very well. When I try to view on an iPhone or Android, only the blue background shows, and the facebook feed disappears. Normal Smartphone View

However, When I click on the desktop view in my smartphone browser the facebook feed appears> Phone Browser Showing Desktop Vies

I need my normal smartphone browser view to show the Facebook feed ans look like the smartphone Browser looks when it is showing the desk top view.

1. In Mobile (Smartphone) view ONLY I need to remove the logo at the top and replace it with the text: North River Commission. I know that in the template settings I can de-select the logo and select text. But, I want the logo to show for the desktop and tablet views and the text to show in the Mobile (smartphone) view ONLY.

2. I want to replace the menu icon (looks like an envelope turned portrait) with the more traditional three vertical line icon. Where do I find the image file to change?

3. In Mobile (smartphone) view the submenu items don’t drop down when I tap on a menu item. How do I get the sub-menus to appear?
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jim,

I realise that you’re not using default module for Facebook as in demo site.

Please make sure that this module supports responsive layout first.

jimcapraro Friend

Will the JA Facebook module be responsive?

I wanted to use the JA Facebook module, like on the demo site but in the "advanced" tab this is no module suffix class entry box, where I can enter the code: grid-1×3 grid-pos-4 blue

I can only get this module to display in a 1×1 tile, and on the home page I need it in a 1×3 tile like my iframe is displaying now.

Is there a work around? If the JA Facebook module is response I would rather use it if I can get it to display in 1×3 tile layout.

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, you can try with my tweak below to add ‘Module class suffix’ param for JA Facebook Like Box module

• Go to file: ROOT/modules/mod_jafacebooklikebox/mod_jafacebooklikebox.xml

• Under the declaration for Advanced tab, you add this field:

<field 
      name="moduleclass_sfx" 
      type="text" 
      default=""
      label="MODULE_CLASS_SUFFIX" 
      description="PARAMMODULECLASSSUFFIX" ></field>

It will look like this: http://cl.ly/1I450T1w0n24

Then add the suffix as you want (remember to add a space before the class suffix name)

jimcapraro Friend

Sauaros, Thank you so very much! – the JA Facebook likebox module now is nicely displayed in a 1×3 grid on the Desktop.

But the Facebook feed still doesn’t appear when I view the page on my Android smartphone. Only the white background appears and the facebook feed does not appear. I do have "Adapt Container Width" turned on in the JA Facebook like box module tab. This module is giving the exact same problem as my iframe solution did – who do we fix it.

Also, can we look at fixing the other three issues?

1. Replace logo with text on smartphone view ONLY.
    2. Restore the mobile menu icon to the three horizontal lines.
    3. Make the submenu items appear

Thanks, Jim Capraro

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jim,

1. Logo: you can enable the small logo to display in mobile view via template manager > Theme tab

2. Mobile menu icon: as I can see that you’re using "IcoMoon" font-family while the mobile menu icon belongs to ‘FontAwesome’ font family, did you add this new font?

3. Sub-menu in offcanvas: by default, you can simply enable this option via Template manager > Navigation tab but I don’t know how did you customize the theme and this option doesn’t work now.

Kindly take a BACKUP of your site and update the latest version for this template. (REMEMBER to backup first).

jimcapraro Friend

Saguaros,
    Thanks fo much for your continued assistance. I found that the ArkEditor extension I was using had installed the IcoMoon fonts and were overiding the FontAwesome icons. I uninstalled ArkEditor and I now have my three horizontal bar menu icon on mobile smartphone view.

I have also backed up the site, and re-installed the latest version of the JA_Fixel template.

Here are the problems that still remain:

1. I have gone into the JA Fixel template "Theme" tab and enabled the small logo, and then created a small text image to display in smartphone view, uploaded and selected it, and then saved the settings. It still doesn’t diplay in smart phone view.

2. In the JA Fixel template navigation tab the default settings are enabled – i.e. off canvas. This option still doesn’t work, even after updating the JA Fixel template. I haven’t really customized the theme heavily. Since I created this post as a private/member/developer you have all of the information needed to access the site. Before Joomlart changed to the 3.0 website/support, under the old Joomlart website, I would have submitted a support ticket on this. But there doesn’t seem to be a support ticket option on the new site.

3. The JA Facebook Likebox still doesn’t display the facebook posts in smart phone view. How do I fix this?

My client is very happy with the desktop version of the website, but very frustrated with the smartphone view. Can someone at Joomlart please help me fix these three items?

Thanks for your continued assistance. I really appreciate it.

Jim Capraro

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jim,

1. Small logo:

I update this style:

html .t3-mainnav .logo-image a {
      background-image: none !important;
    }

into ‘custom.css’ file on your site and the small logo shows fine now.

1. The sub-menu items don’t show because of your custom code, check this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/9stu55

You add a new class hidden-collapse there and of course, despite of how you configure in backend, it would not show. So try to remove it first

1. Fb like box module: by default, this module doesn’t come with template so there is not style for this module in responsive layout, I’m afraid that you will have to customize style for it to support responsive layout.
    jimcapraro Friend

The sub-menu items don’t show because of your custom code, check this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/9stu55
    You add a new class hidden-collapse there and of course, despite of how you configure in backend, it would not show. So try to remove it first

Can you please tell me which file this code is in? I did not place it there, and I would like to comment it out.

Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

You can send me the FTP account of your site, I will check for you.

jimcapraro Friend

Thank you Saguaros.

the FTP username is: northriv
    and the password is the same as the joomla site password that I entered in the private information in the first post.

I would like to make an additional request. While you are changing things in my site can you please make one more change? When I view the site on my android phone, if I scroll all the way down to the bottom I see the word "desktop". If I click on the word desktop the view that appears is PERFECT. Can we make this the default view please? See the picture below.

enter image description here

Thanks,
    Jim Capraro

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jim,

I add css rule into ‘custom.css’ file on your site:

@media (max-width: 979px) {
        .off-canvas-enabled .t3-megamenu .row-fluid .mega-col-nav.hidden-collapse {
            display: block !important;
        }
    }

The sub-menu items are showing now in off-canvas.

For the Desktop version on mobile, how can I have that ‘Desktop’ version link? As I know that by default, we don’t have this link in mobile view.

jimcapraro Friend

Saguaro, Thanks for the custom code. Menu/submenus look great on my android phone. But there is one plroblem – when I click (tap) on a sub-menu nothing happens – it doesn’t take me to the menu page. Although, if I tap and hold a sub menu item on my phone and then select open in a new tab, it does open the new tab in the menu page.

The mobile view desktop link automatically appears on my android. I didn’t do anything to enable it. Here is the link address from my phone:

http://northrivercommission.org/nrc2/index.php?device=desktop

Saguaros Moderator

I realise that only Android browser has that link, I’m using iOS device.

And this should be configured via browser of Android device, you can google it for tips.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum