Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I installed this template sometime ago and it truly ranks excellent & performs very good and don’t want to touch it much however the mobile version is not too good. Are there any options to improve the mobile version or what’s my best option with this template?

:p

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

JA Orisite template is based on T3v2 framework which does not support fully responsive layout. It only supports popular device layouts: desktop, iphone, android and handheld.

You can find the configuration device layouts in this template from

Admin site -> Template Manager -> JA_Orisite – Default -> T3 Options -> Profiles

Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

JA Orisite template is based on T3v2 framework which does not support fully responsive layout. It only supports popular device layouts: desktop, iphone, android and handheld.

You can find the configuration device layouts in this template from

Admin site -> Template Manager -> JA_Orisite – Default -> T3 Options -> Profiles

Regards

Juan Carlos Stauring Friend

Testing PageSpeed Insight with google and I’m getting the following "Should Fix" from iphone / handheld options :

Configure the viewport
    Your page uses a legacy HandheldFriendly meta tag, which instructs some browsers that your page is optimized for mobile. Other browsers, including those on iOS, will render your page as it would appear on a desktop browser.
    While the HandheldFriendly tag instructs some mobile devices to display the page at the device's width, it should be replaced with a meta viewport specifying <meta name=viewport width=device-width> to increase compatibility.

Will joomlart ever consider to relaunch a template fully responsive like ja oriste? if not what is my best option to upgrade to a responsive template, simply install one, activate and go with that, which one of your templates that is fully responsive is most compatible to ja oriste as far as module positions and other.
    thanks in advance,

jc

Ninja Lead Moderator

If possible, you can give me the URL and admin login backend of your site via your reply and set as private reply. I will help you to check this

This reply has been marked as private.
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I’ve just fixed that bug directly on your site with the solution

Open template/ja_orisite/blocks/head.php file

<?php if (T3Common::mobile_device_detect()):?>
    <meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" />
    <?php endif;?>

to

<?php if (T3Common::mobile_device_detect()):?>
    <meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" />
    <meta name=viewport content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    <?php endif;?>

Very much appreciated! thank you. I see it is fixed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Juan Carlos Stauring 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum