Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello

I want to active mobile layout on my website (joomla 3.4.1 – template teline IV 2.5.3 – JA T3 Framework 2.7.1 ).
    I choose, in the profiles tab, desktop : default, handhled, iphone and android : handheld layout.
    Joomla cache is activated, cache mode for the template is not.

I visit my site from my mobile phone and the pages are ok, the layout is handheld layout.
    Next, i visit the site from my desktop and the layout is handheld layout too !
    I clear joomla cache.
    I visit the site from my desktop, the layout is desktop layout.
    Next i vist the site from my mobile phone, the layout is desktop layout too ! And so on ! If now i visit a page with the mobile phone that i didn’t visit with desktop computer, the layout is handhled layout.

I did all this on my test site, I can’t activate handheld layout live because of this issue. I understand something is happening between cache and layout but I don’t understand what and how to fix it. And i don’t want to deactive joomla cache of course.

Do you have ideas on this issue ? Thanks !

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @webmastercnafc,

With this JA Teline IV template, you can disable the Joomla cache plugin and enable the template cache option in template manager section.

And let me know if problem still persists.

Regards,
    Saguaros

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @webmastercnafc,

With this JA Teline IV template, you can disable the Joomla cache plugin and enable the template cache option in template manager section.

And let me know if problem still persists.

Regards,
    Saguaros

webmastercnafc Friend

Hi

Thanks for the answer but joomla cache and template cache don’t have the same functions, don’t they ?

Do you now if this one : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=510 is really the last version ?

I realised that my website uses an older one. I tried the one from this link and it changes everything, like the position names for exemple… I understand that I have to rebulid completly my site with this new template ? :(( can you confirme ?

webmastercnafc Friend

Hi

Thanks for the answer but joomla cache and template cache don’t have the same functions, don’t they ?

Do you now if this one : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=510 is really the last version ?

I realised that my website uses an older one. I tried the one from this link and it changes everything, like the position names for exemple… I understand that I have to rebulid completly my site with this new template ? :(( can you confirme ?

Phill Moderator

The 2 different caches work differently. Please just use the T3 cache and not the Joomla cache.

As for upgrading. Make a backup first using a tool such as Akeeba. When you have that you can use JA Extension Manager t upgrade all of your JA components. Full instructions can be found here – https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/wiki-ja-extension-manager/how-to

Phill Moderator

The 2 different caches work differently. Please just use the T3 cache and not the Joomla cache.

As for upgrading. Make a backup first using a tool such as Akeeba. When you have that you can use JA Extension Manager t upgrade all of your JA components. Full instructions can be found here – https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/wiki-ja-extension-manager/how-to

webmastercnafc Friend

Okay, the solution is working. Thanks a lot !

webmastercnafc Friend

Okay, the solution is working. Thanks a lot !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  webmastercnafc 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum