Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

for what kind of mobiles is your Handheld-Layout developed for?
    The IPhone-Layout works great if I visit by T3-Version2 powered Websites (like your demos) with the Iphone.

But the Mobile-Layout doesn’t work. T3 is always going to load the desktop-Layout.
    I make tests via:

-Sony Ericsson K800i
    -Samsung S3500i
    -Samsung S5230
    -Samsung SGH-P520

The Layout-Settings in the Backend is all right.
    I set for Handheld-Layout = Handheld.

korb Friend

Mobile detection works for iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile. Most mobile devices with own operating system cannot get detected by the detection scripts unless you code them into the core.

There is this fork done by Samsung and Sony Erricson trying to push own operating systems, just don’t want to use existing operating systems for several reasons (security, software piracy, etc).

Thanks for the heads up.
    Danny

farhady Friend

I see.
    Thank you for your response.

<blockquote>Most mobile devices with own operating system cannot get detected by the detection scripts unless you code them into the core.</blockquote>

Can you tell me how to extend the detection script?
    Is there a tutorial?
    Maybe Joomlart.com should to make one in the Blog-Section!

Also all Mobiles, which I list in my first post, works very well with Facebook-Mobile-Layout etc.
    So there must be a script or trick to let them work with T3.

Last but not least:
    Can someone tell me, which kind of Mobiles works with the IPhone/Mobile-Layout.
    We call: -IPhone, -IPad, -Windows-Mobile and -Android. Is there more?

veeco Friend

If you really focus to create mobile site.. you might also consider to port with 3rd party as well..

you can view it here: http://webdesignledger.com/tools/11-excellent-solutions-for-making-your-website-mobile-friendly

usually people will create subdomain for mobile version.. but T3 gives you ability to have it all at once site.. as far as i know there’s different standard for every phone not include if the phone owner use 3rd party browser like opera mobile… it’s a challange for T3 Framework Core Team to work it out…

farhady Friend

Well, I realize now how difficult its been to develope a 100%working Mobile-Detection.
    I don’t like the 3rd-Partys. T3 already makes a good work but it should be extended.

Maybe we should start a Ja-Community-Project where everyone can put several Codes to T3 to make a better Mobile-Detection. What do you think JA?

Phill Moderator

Here is a snippet of code we have been testing elsewhere. Maybe something similar could be usefull in the mobile detection here.

$mobile_browser = '0';

if(preg_match('/(up.browser|up.link|mmp|symbian|smartphone|midp|wap|phone)/i', strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))) {
    $mobile_browser++;
    }

if((strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']),'application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml')>0) or ((isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_WAP_PROFILE']) or isset($_SERVER['HTTP_PROFILE'])))) {
    $mobile_browser++;
    }

$mobile_ua = strtolower(substr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],0,4));
    $mobile_agents = array(
    'w3c ','acs-','alav','alca','amoi','audi','avan','benq','bird','blac',
    'blaz','brew','cell','cldc','cmd-','dang','doco','eric','hipt','inno',
    'ipaq','java','jigs','kddi','keji','leno','lg-c','lg-d','lg-g','lge-',
    'maui','maxo','midp','mits','mmef','mobi','mot-','moto','mwbp','nec-',
    'newt','noki','oper','palm','pana','pant','phil','play','port','prox',
    'qwap','sage','sams','sany','sch-','sec-','send','seri','sgh-','shar',
    'sie-','siem','smal','smar','sony','sph-','symb','t-mo','teli','tim-',
    'tosh','tsm-','upg1','upsi','vk-v','voda','wap-','wapa','wapi','wapp',
    'wapr','webc','winw','winw','xda','xda-');

if(in_array($mobile_ua,$mobile_agents)) {
    $mobile_browser++;
    }

if (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['ALL_HTTP']),'operamini')>0) {
    $mobile_browser++;
    }

if (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']),' ppc;')>0) {
    $mobile_browser++;
    }

if (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']),'windows ce')>0) {
    $mobile_browser++;
    }
    else if (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']),'windows')>0) {
    $mobile_browser=0;
    }

if (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']),'iemobile')>0) {
    $mobile_browser++;
    }

if($mobile_browser>0) {
    // Use Mobile CPG Template
    // YES MOBILE
    }
    else {
    // Use Normal CPG Template
    // NOT MOBILE
    }

veeco Friend

Actually Joomla has built-in object called JBrowser. it can detect some browser :
    AvantGo
    BlackBerry
    Ericsson
    Fresco
    HotJava
    i-Mode
    Konqueror
    Links
    Lynx
    MML
    Motorola
    Mozilla
    MSIE
    Nokia
    Opera
    Palm
    Palmscape
    Up
    WAP
    Xiino

I’ll to support if this become community project… but i think this project is out of joomlart’s brand and positioning as Template Club… but if JA would like to change it as Developer & Template Club… why not ?

farhady Friend

Ok, thank you guys.
    So I think we have to wait till JA do something for that?

Also could you answer this?:
    <blockquote>Can someone tell me, which kind of Mobiles works with the IPhone/Mobile-Layout.
    We call: -IPhone, -IPad, -Windows-Mobile and -Android. Is there more? </blockquote>

bertmc Friend

<em>@farhady 199092 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys,

for what kind of mobiles is your Handheld-Layout developed for?
    The IPhone-Layout works great if I visit by T3-Version2 powered Websites (like your demos) with the Iphone.

But the Mobile-Layout doesn’t work. T3 is always going to load the desktop-Layout.
    I make tests via:

-Sony Ericsson K800i
    -Samsung S3500i
    -Samsung S5230
    -Samsung SGH-P520

The Layout-Settings in the Backend is all right.
    I set for Handheld-Layout = Handheld.</blockquote>

I have seen the failure of handheld mode as well, and I am not sure it is exclusively a problem of device/model detection. If the desktop version is in the Joomla cache, that is what is displayed. If the handheld version of the page is in the cache, then that is what is displayed. I have seen this issue in JAT3 v 1.1.6 to 1.1.9. Maybe I am missing something? If your Joomla cache is off, I would expect each visitor to see whatever version of HTML they expect to see, but if your cache is on, everyone will see the HTML of the person that hit the page when the cache expired. My plugins are ordered so that T3 is above the Cache, but I dont know that this alone should be adequate to address the problem. I think it is much deeper.

veeco Friend

is there any emulator for those mobile devices ?
    -Sony Ericsson K800i
    -Samsung S3500i
    -Samsung S5230
    -Samsung SGH-P520

i’ll try to find what cause this.. as far as i know a class named T3Common is the object who in charge in browser detection… i think we could track the problem from there..

veeco Friend

Another solution is using multiple T3 Template.. so you’ll create 3 core template (not themes, as far as i know T3 still not support different themes from multi devices).. and then use one of the template based on the devices.. this is still rough idea in my head.. but i think its achiveable.. because there’s built-in browser detection in Joomla and we can use it to assign template based on devices

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  veeco 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum