Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Moving a site from Joomla 1.5.999 to latest Joomla 3.X. Will be a complete rebuild so not a programatic migration but a manual copy and paste of content.

Decided to use Multilanguage (en_GB and fr_FR) from day one to see if it is do-able.

Trying out JA_Simpli to get a feel of Joomla 3.6 as been using 1.5 for 7 years and I like magazine style layouts and don’t want to commit to any template until down the road a bit with content migration.

Have found a parse error in the language file for en_GB, one of your files has no double quotes around one of the entries on line 120 and, also, have managed to break the site front to a blank page.

To trigger this I installed en_GB and fr_FR languages at Joomla install time. Site looked OK with no data (I did not install any demo). I then downloaded the latest JA_Simpli zip file and installed that. I then enabled it but when visiting the front page I see it is blank..

I Switched the default template back to Protostar and the front works OK. I can switch lang (en_GB or fr_FR) from front page menu in protostar.

I turned on debugging including language debugging. When I am in french and then set the template style default to JA_Simpli then I got a parse error in the front end (and still a blank page)

Erreurs d’analyse dans les fichiers de langue

JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_simpli.ini : error(s) in line(s) 120
    JROOT/templates/ja_simpli/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_simpli.ini : error(s) in line(s) 120

I edited these files to,

TPL_SIMPLI_CUSTOM_STYLE_SUBMENU_GROUP_DESC = "Sub-navigation"

and error messages goes away.

Note the error messages are only when the front was in fr language setting. If en then the parse error didn’t seem to happen.

I still have a residual problem that is obviously catastrophic – the front page is blank always no matter what language I pick when using JA_Simpli. (by blank I mean no content – debug part is displayed OK but the content container DIV has nothing in it).

(I have cleared cache in Joomla).

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @openmtl

Thank you very much for your report.

I’ve passed to the team for further checking and update to template package.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum