Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I’ve installed JA Intranet but I"m not seeing any of the options that are listed in the original specification (i.e. document download, events, etc.) I’ve installed all the included modules but I’m just not seeing them. Do I have to download them from someplace else on the site?

Thanks!

-Anthony

helidoc Friend

In the description for JA intranet is this line..
    "The intranet template supports DocMan, EasyBlog, EasySocial & EasyDiscuss. You will get exclusive discount when buying the extensions."
    If you have not purchased those third party extensions/modules then you will not see them. It seems JA intranet was designed around purchased third party add-ons during it’s dev stages. I myself use Community Builder as a Social add on for my sites and would have preferred using it with JA intranet along with Docman, but it will most likely take time to get it to work right as that was not the direction the dev team took even though CB seems to be more popular with the folks over at the main Joomla site.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Anthony,

These 3rd party extensions are commercial and you will need to purchase it to install into your site.

teccean Friend

Thanks for the tip. I crunched the numbers and it will cost $250+ to make JA Intranet work like the live demo does (which is a little jarring considering the template only costs $47 to begin with).

If I decide to stick with the template I might just stick with the default article management setup for the "Latest News" section. BTW which of the extensions does that? Easy Social, Easy Discuss, etc.

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Which section are you referring to? you can send us screenshot highlighting it.

teccean Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

It’s our JA Accordion module – not 3rd party extension, you can get it in download section of JA Intranet template: https://www.joomlart.com/downloads/joomla-templates/ja-intranet/

Here is its backend settings:

Module position: sidebar
    Module Suffix: mod-accordion

Module settings: https://static.joomlart.com/images/userguide/ja_templates/ja-intranet/accordion-setting.jpg
    Advanced settings: https://static.joomlart.com/images/userguide/ja_templates/ja-intranet/accordion-advanced.jpg (Remember to add a space before class suffix name)

Hope this helps.

teccean Friend

Yes I know. I was wondering which of the three plugins allow for multi-user management of that section: easySocial, easyBlog, or easyDiscuss.

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

I’m afraid that I’m not entirely sure about your question, EasySocial / EasyBlog / EasyDiscuss not relate to JA Accordion.

Could you specify your question in more details?

teccean Friend

JA Accordion is actually unrelated to my question. I’m actually all set editing the module.

I’m interested in the Articles (labeled "Latest News") module that is embedded in the accordion module (but is actually a separate module and can be edited as such). If you look at Extensions>Modules you’ll see that they are two entirely separate modules.

One of the three extensions I mentioned above allow multi-user management of the Latest News articles. Which one is it?

Thanks.

teccean Friend

Hey any word on this? I just need to know which extension works with the news items displayed.

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

allow multi-user management of the Latest News articles

I’m afraid that I’m not entirely sure of this point. Could you clarify a bit more details?

teccean Friend

One of the three extensions I mentioned above allow multi-user management of the Latest News articles.

I’m asking you to tell me which of these three extensions does this: EasySocial / EasyBlog / EasyDiscuss

The JA Intranet template is built around those extensions. You should know this. If you don’t tell me and I’ll look elsewhere for an answer.

Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

allow multi-user management of the Latest News articles

But this sentence is a bit confused, what you mean by multi-user management of latest news?

teccean Friend

I’m afraid you don’t seem to understand how Joomla works. There are portions of content called "Articles" that Joomla lets you manage. These Articles show up on the JA Intranet home page under the name "Latest News". I need to know which of the three extensions I’ve mentioned let multiple users create and edit them.

Please just focus on answering the above question. Nothing else matters except which of those three extensions, nothing else, add this functionality to the website.

And if you don’t know, just tell me, okay?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum