Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have Teline II installed 1.0.15 and I’m stumped.

Visit: http://www.cjimagazine.com/index.php to see the issue I’m facing – where I have the main menu installed on the right, but it’s not showing at the top. . .

I’ve made some edits to the CSS – but as a test, I dropped in the default CSS from the zip. Still no menu at the top.

Can anyone take a peak and shed some light on this ?

Thanks in advance,

mm

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@greenkoi 66503 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have Teline II installed 1.0.15 and I’m stumped.

Visit: http://www.cjimagazine.com/index.php to see the issue I’m facing – where I have the main menu installed on the right, but it’s not showing at the top. . .

I’ve made some edits to the CSS – but as a test, I dropped in the default CSS from the zip. Still no menu at the top.

Can anyone take a peak and shed some light on this ?

Thanks in advance,

mm</blockquote>

Hi greenkoi,

You have a Main Menu on the right side already?

Do you mean a Magazine Menu??

Can you give us some information on what sort of stuff did you want to include in what you call “Main Menu”?

Cornelio

greenkoi Friend

Thanks for your reply.

Magazine Menu? I’m not sure if that is what it is called. I’m just trying to get the site to look like the demo site, with what appears to be the section titles, running horizontally across the top.

http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_teline_ii

As for edits to the files, I extracted the index.php and template.css from my original download and nothing changed in terms of the menu being displayed – which makes me think the resolution does not lie there. And those are the only files I edited. . .

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have to offer.

mm

greenkoi Friend

I figured it out.

After searching around for what the Magazine Menu was, I saw the JaZin plugin.

I didn’t install it earlier as I thought it was specific for Joomla 1.5.X not 1.0.X (I’m running 1.0.15)

Once I installed and published it, the menu appeared.

Hope this post helps others out who may have faced a similar issue. . .

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@greenkoi 66523 wrote:</em><blockquote>I figured it out.

After searching around for what the Magazine Menu was, I saw the JaZin plugin.

I didn’t install it earlier as I thought it was specific for Joomla 1.5.X not 1.0.X (I’m running 1.0.15)

Once I installed and published it, the menu appeared.

Hope this post helps others out who may have faced a similar issue. . .</blockquote>

That’s good to know greenkoi,

I would suggest, that you install a mirror site, using the Joomla 1.0x-Teline II QuickStart. Looking at your site, I think you have most of the “basic stuff” nailed. The QuickStart is the easiest I have ever installed — it takes me about 5minutes tops for the installation process itself, after the unpack program has been installed and the database created, as well as the username and password.

The beauty of the QuickStart, especially for Joomla 1.0x-Teline II is that it is almost foolproof compared to the Joomla 1.5x-Teline II. Many errors reported here for Joomla 1.5x-Teline II, were because of forgetting some parts of the installation process, like installing the Demo data, things like that.

Joomla actually advise people to always have a mirror site, so that you can try it in your sandbox before you apply anything to your main site. This is also true when you upgrade, which Joomla does several times a year.

Cornelio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum