Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

[FONT=”Tahoma”]Hi,

I am getting error constantly – “Missing jat3 framework plugin”. Already fedup trying around many many times.. upload install.. upload install.. upload install!!

I am trying a quickstart installation for JA Teline IV 1.6 Joomla release.

What i have done?
    1. I unzip the quickstart file and change the template name from ja_teline_iv to Mainsite. Also changed in relevant language files.
    2. Zipped again and uploaded to my host.
    3. Tried installation.
    4. When checked the site i just see :- “Missing jat3 framework plugin

P.S :- Please dont ask me to reinstall JAT3.. left overs etc. I have done most of the things which has already been suggested in forum.

Its important to note, the problem is just for J1.6 only.

Thanks and Rgds,
    Pradeep[/FONT]

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@itsnexgen 235977 wrote:</em><blockquote>[FONT=”Tahoma”]Hi,

I am getting error constantly – “Missing jat3 framework plugin”. Already fedup trying around many many times.. upload install.. upload install.. upload install!!

I am trying a quickstart installation for JA Teline IV 1.6 Joomla release.

What i have done?
    1. I unzip the quickstart file and change the template name from ja_teline_iv to Mainsite. Also changed in relevant language files.
    2. Zipped again and uploaded to my host.
    3. Tried installation.
    4. When checked the site i just see :- “Missing jat3 framework plugin

P.S :- Please dont ask me to reinstall JAT3.. left overs etc. I have done most of the things which has already been suggested in forum.

Its important to note, the problem is just for J1.6 only.

Thanks and Rgds,
    Pradeep[/FONT]</blockquote>

No help yet! Time to think about any other template from other club for this project. Thanks.

Phill Moderator

I have been looking into it via the PM’s you have sent me. The template works until you rename it. I am still looking into why this happens but why do you need to rename the template?

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 236002 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have been looking into it via the PM’s you have sent me. The template works until you rename it. I am still looking into why this happens but why do you need to rename the template?</blockquote>

why can’t it be renamed?!! None of the other club templates i use has such problems atleast for J1.6..

Phill Moderator

It can be renamed, you just have to do it correctly.

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 236005 wrote:</em><blockquote>It can be renamed, you just have to do it correctly.</blockquote>

if you know.. do let me know the correct procedure!

Phill Moderator

Step 1:
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_…emplate_folder

Step 2:
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_…template_files

It is outlined in the above wikis

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 236007 wrote:</em><blockquote>Step 1:
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_…emplate_folder

Step 2:
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_…template_files

It is outlined in the above wikis</blockquote>

I don’t want to create a new template. I just need to rename from “ja_teline_iv” to something else whatever i like.

Simple steps followed :

Changes done here :-
    1. template directory name.
    2. templateDetails.xml
    3. language file names

i have followed these in all of J1.5 and it worked fine for me. Why not for J1.6? If there are any additional changes, you should be knowing huh?

I am really surprised that changing name is should stop working..! Have followed the same procedure what i have been doing. If there is anything else specific to JA, please let me know.

Phill Moderator

It works when I try it. I probably used a different sequence to you though.

Install the quickstart as normal

Rename the template folder
    Edit 3 lines in templateDetails.xml, the template name and the names of the language files (2 off)
    Rename the 2 language files, 1 in administrator>language and change the template name therin, 1 in the language folder.
    Using PHPMyadmin edit the table jos_template_styles

And that is it really.

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 236013 wrote:</em><blockquote>It works when I try it. I probably used a different sequence to you though.

Install the quickstart as normal

Rename the template folder
    Edit 3 lines in templateDetails.xml, the template name and the names of the language files (2 off)
    Rename the 2 language files, 1 in administrator>language and change the template name therin, 1 in the language folder.
    Using PHPMyadmin edit the table jos_template_styles

And that is it really.</blockquote>

I tried also what you follow.. but unfortunately.. nothing works.. Same old story : Missing jat3 framework plugin

Phill Moderator

So you installed the normal quickstart first wiothout renaming anything then carried out the modifications yes?

If that is the case please PM me an ftp account (I think I already have that), an administrator logon to your site, access to your phpmyadmin and I will take a look. You must be missing something as I have not been able to replicate your problem.

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 236019 wrote:</em><blockquote>So you installed the normal quickstart first wiothout renaming anything then carried out the modifications yes?

If that is the case please PM me an ftp account (I think I already have that), an administrator logon to your site, access to your phpmyadmin and I will take a look. You must be missing something as I have not been able to replicate your problem.</blockquote>

Even yesterday i PM you for help but seems like you were busy. I have resent credentials again.

Phill Moderator

OK, I’ve got you login details now. I’ve made some changes and noticed that whatever editor you are using is adding double line spacing and there appear to be some other problems with your install. Are you happy for me to remove the current install and install a fresh copy?

As for being busy, yes I was. I don’t work full time for JA and here in the UK we are on 4 days holidays for easter. I normally only logon to JA when I have little to do in my day job or in the evenings when I have the time. Yesterday I was out with the kids as I have been most of today. . As such I am signing off now (cos they have worn me out, it is also gone 10PM) and will look at your problem tomorrow if you want me to install a fresh copy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum