Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have created a home page using a cloned style and layout. I now don’t see any content though when I navigate to a joomla article for example. I have tried to understand assignment and think well maybe I need to just have the home page assigned for the home page but can’t quite see how it should be done properly. I have looked through the docs and I need some further advice please Thank you.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You need to assign to the menu item a layout which contains the component block ( see image )

If you indeed assigned as default layout one without component block then joomla content ( articles ) or components will be not showed.

Hope it helps.

1. Screenshot-at-nov-21-21-06-37
    landed Friend

Ok thanks – so I need to have 1 )home page as demo-home including the uber-hero for the video block and others.. 2) content pages need a standard including component.

So to do this I need to have a whole separate copy of uber ? I can’t seem to see where I can assign a layout to a menu item without having more than one uber clone..

DO I NEED MULTIPLE THEME CLONES as here – https://www.evernote.com/l/APHvmEgSRC5C0pwhXaFFJZaYWkN4FGHWVaE

landed Friend

I have it working using 2 separate templates – which is horrid ! I cloned the UBER template and made the bestantigua one originally as per the docs – don’t really know why thats what they said to do….

https://www.evernote.com/l/APFqpQJvGgJPNqnM5gVpxtEQvrEYK5ST1FY

pavit Moderator

Hi

It is correct , you will need to have available for your content type a layout where component block is contained , otherwise your joomla content will be not showed –

Best way to understand how uber works is to install the quickstart version and looks at all settings to see how demo site is customized and layouts used for it.

Regards

landed Friend

Is it not possible to assign a layout for a home page that is different to a standard joomla article page as an example.
    I see the only way is to clone template for each layout ?

pavit Moderator

I see the only way is to clone template for each layout ?

You need to clone template and assign default layout to it then assign it to your menu items where you want joomla content showed,

While your template style with assigned a different layout from default – home-xxx should be assigned to menu items where you want to show only modules – ( ja acm modules) for example as done in home page

Hope it helps

landed Friend

Thank you – yes I think I understand. So in this method if I make a logo change in one template I need to also make in the others. It is for that reason I was trying to resist to clone templates.
    But I at least know now. Thank you.

pavit Moderator

So in this method if I make a logo change in one template I need to also make in the others.

Yes it is correct – you can also select a different theme for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum