Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, recommeneded to post here in addition to the Purity III forum.

After adding in some information in the miscellaneous section of a contact it doesnt show on the front end when using list all contacts in a category menu type. All other information is ok.

Is there a template overide in place to prevent the misc info displaying?

I’m using Joomla! 3.6.4, Purity 1.1.7
    Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can try with this tweak:
    1) Backup this file first: root/templates/purity_iii/html/com_contact/category/default_items.php
    2) Then open this file and add this line of code to show the misc information:

<?php echo $item->misc; ?>

For example, if you want to show it below the contact name/address/etc… you can put in this line: http://prntscr.com/ii5yir

Regards

RDCWebMan Friend

Hi, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately that path doesnt exist on my install, the only default_items.php file is held under plugins/system/t3/base/html/com_contact/featured/default_items.php. I did try to amend that but nothing changed.

The thing is I have had images pulling through to the contacts list before, but a while ago they stopped. Now the user has to go into the individual contact rather than see the image alongside other contacts in their category. At a loss to work out why? Perhaps a update of the template might resolve it?

Saguaros Moderator

Download & unzip the attached file and copy to this directory: root/templates/purity_iii/html/com_contact/category/ (create this folder if it doesn’t exist)

RDCWebMan Friend

Tried that, same result. Do I need to change a path elswhere so the template picks up this file instead of the current com_contact one?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  RDCWebMan.
    Saguaros Moderator

Kindly share the credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account, I will check for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum