Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I want to add a whole bunch of product content in the virtuemart machine. I have been doing some research on how to get the mirrored effect.

I found a joomla extension called ulti-reflection.

how i get this to work within virtue-mart, i’m not sure.

my website is http://www.wholesalesavvy.com

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys,

James

mj1256 Friend

photoshop each product picture, its a really simple process

here’s a tutorial you can adapt for the mirror effect, just substitute you product image for the text.. You will have to try it a few times to get the hang of it, but you will see it is really quite simple

http://tutorialblog.org/reflecting-text-images/

jimgill Friend

Thanks for your reply. But I have hundreds and hundreds of products to do so it will take me absolutely forever to do them all one by one. As I was saying there is an application that I know of that does this called ulti-reflection (http://www.ultijoomla.com/downloads?func=fileinfo&id=6)
    But I just don’t have the know how to do this.

scotty Friend

You can set up a batch process in photoshop.

This is really the wrong forum to ask as Joomlart did not develop Virtumart or Ulti-reflection.

jimgill Friend

Thanks Scotty. Batch process is certainly an option and maybe the best one. I’m beginning to thing so…I appreciate your reply

I disagree with this being a wrong channel to raise this question because if you look at the JA_Larix site, it certainly utilises the mirrored effect so in order to get the most out of this site that I purchased, I would very much like to mirror the template. Feel free to disagree over my disagreement 😀

I’m hoping someone may have gone down the same road as me to mimic effectively the ‘look’ in the smartest and time efficient manner possible.

mfcphil Friend

Check record/actions tutorials in photoshop

scotty Friend

jimgill;90653I disagree with this being a wrong channel to raise this question because if you look at the JA_Larix site, it certainly utilises the mirrored effect so in order to get the most out of this site that I purchased, I would very much like to mirror the template. Feel free to disagree over my disagreement 😀

Sorry Jim, I’m not saying you shouldn’t get help here. I’m saying you will get a faster answer on a more appropriate forum.

scotty Friend

I had a look at that extension Jim…

It seems you just have to add a ‘reflection’ class to the image you are displaying once you have the mod installed.

What you need to do is get the code for the product display page you are using and hard code the class into the page. Should be easy enough.

bennitos Friend

<em>@jimgill 90569 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys,

I want to add a whole bunch of product content in the virtuemart machine. I have been doing some research on how to get the mirrored effect.

I found a joomla extension called ulti-reflection.

how i get this to work within virtue-mart, i’m not sure.

my website is http://www.wholesalesavvy.com

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys,

James</blockquote>

It is possible to use reflection ins virtuemart there is a running topic about it on the virtuemart focum (altho it doesnt use the ulti-reflection mod).

See:
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=29808.0

Make sure you read it from start to end.

scotty Friend

Nice one Bennitos!

That Ulti Reflect is a nice little plugin with one major drawback. The reflected image is the same size as the main image. This means a load of blank space under the reflection.

bennitos Friend

I thought it was possible to set in the module config how big the reflection was going to be.

But i never really paid attention on how much space it reserves with a small reflection, is that the same size as the picture or just the reflection?

Afraid i only tested the module once but it was with a dark background and tought it didnt look very pretty 🙂

scotty Friend

bennitos;90667I thought it was possible to set in the module config how big the reflection was going to be.

It is. But it is a measure of how much of the image you want to reflect. It still reserves the full image size for the reflection. I’m sure there would be a way round it with some skilled CSS 🙁

jimgill Friend

aha! a challenge for you legendary joomla/css gurus out there. high fives all round for the winner!

mj1256 Friend

(my opinion based on 14 years of ecommerce)
    this is a good time to read my BBBB post, as this whole effort, the research, the time to implement, the value of your time, will have little to no effect on your sales, and your site visitors will not and do not miss the reflection.

in terms of dollars, does all this effort really make sense?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum