Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone
    I am experimenting with this template to see if its worth replacing a JA Magz site just under development which can be stopped and redirected to JA Obelisk at this early stage without penalty.

I need to have a band of colour in the top section of the template as this and the logo are trademarks of the client, while leaving the rest of the template backgound a different colour. Looking at the css of obelisk there is no header area declared, it gets its colour from the body: background setting.

My question then becomes . . .
    Is there a easy way (resource and time wise) to seperate the top area from the rest of the template so it can be coloured seperately via css without hiring experts etc.

I include a screenie of the area in question.

1. obelisk-region
    swissa Friend

Looking at the demo – Did you check for .t3-header? It has a lot of background-image calls there which you’ll need to strip out / replace.

.t3-header {
    padding-top: 20px;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    background-color: #f8f8f8
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top,#fff,#eee)
    background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear,0 0,0 100%,from(#fff),to(#eee));
    background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,#fff,#eee)
    background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top,#fff,#eee)
    background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom,#fff,#eee)
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#ffffffff', endColorstr='#ffeeeeee', GradientType=0);
    }

Hope that helps!

MoonSailor Friend

Hi tfosnom,

<blockquote>
    Is there a easy way (resource and time wise) to seperate the top area from the rest of the template so it can be coloured seperately via css without hiring experts etc.
    </blockquote>

Header block of templates be divided into 3 regions : logo – search modules and login modules. If you want to set colour separately for each regions, you can change it by css.

But, if you want add or change it to 2 or 4,.. regions, you need to change layout of templates – it requires knowledge of t3 framework and templates code.

Regards.

tfosnom Friend

<em>@swissa 397364 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looking at the demo – Did you check for .t3-header? It has a lot of background-image calls there which you’ll need to strip out / replace.

.t3-header {
    padding-top: 20px;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    background-color: #f8f8f8
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top,#fff,#eee)
    background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear,0 0,0 100%,from(#fff),to(#eee));
    background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,#fff,#eee)
    background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top,#fff,#eee)
    background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom,#fff,#eee)
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#ffffffff', endColorstr='#ffeeeeee', GradientType=0);
    }

Hope that helps!</blockquote>

Hey Swissa
    looked at the .t3 header css and changed the background: call to the colour I wanted, it had no effect so I moved on , given the highlights you mentioned I’ll have another crack tomorrow Thanks.

I also tried the thememagic thinking that may be of use but despite reading about the t3 system and thememagic I find it really inadequate for anything serious 🙂

Cheers – Hope Troxxo works out for you
    Shannon

PS after a review and commenting out all but the background colour its working a treat thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum