Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am attempting to migrate a site that is running Joomla 1.0.15 with the JA Nerine template to one that is going to be Joomla 1.5 with the same template.

I’m having troubles getting the migration to work properly in bringing over the information and front page layout as it is set up in the demo (which is how the 1.0.15 site is set up now). When I migrate, it puts the menu in odd spots and the images do not migrate. The special features like the slideshow do not show up as well.

Do I need special 3rd party migrators for items that are part of the JA Nerine template that are not part of the standard Joomla package?

I made some changes to the template css files for color and changed the graphics in the template but these didn’t seem to come over either.

Not sure what I’m missing here. I was trying to do this on my local host as I wanted to make some additional modifications to the site but didn’t want to do this conversion on a live production server.

I included the original site information as required for staff help. However, I have not been able to successfully install the Migrator component onto this site for some unknown reason – although I was able to do so on a copy of this site I have running on my local host.

Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated.

jsliao Friend

try reading this guide and see if it helps
    http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla15/joomla_upgrade.htm

sreco Friend

Thanks for the quick reply. I did use this guide and followed it step by step. The data came over but none of the front page layout elements or special modules that come with the template were available.

I’m going to try it again but I think that I need some 3rd paty ETL plugins for the template that aren’t part of the MIgrator component.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcome.

jsliao Friend

the migrator generally helps you move your information over. any other modifications you done to the core or template files will need to be done manually since the core joomla and template files are significantly different for joomla 1.0 and 1.5 and it is difficult to automatically detect and thus migrate such changes over.

sreco Friend

Thanks so much. I was able to see my issue once I spotted the differences. One thing I hadn’t anticipated was that all of the modules that are shown in the template that are typically enabled when you use the QuickStart package are disabled when you use the MIgration tool.

Newbie error here – never done this Migration before LOL.

Once I got into the back end and start poking around and turning things on, the site started to come back to the shape desired. Only thing that didn’t work was the images but that was done with an easy copy and paste over for the missing items.

Thanks again for the guidance – it helped to point me in the right direction and what to expect the migrator to do and what it can’t.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sreco 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum