Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hello,
    i want to migrate this template zibal to joomla 1.6 or 1.7 (i think it’s the same). i follow this
    http://www.joomlapraise.com/blog/item/520-joomla-15-to-16-template-upgrade-tutorial-part-1 but it’s don’t work with changes essentialy in file xml. Ja zibal must use other file.
    JOOMLART will modify this template for joomla 1.6 or 1.7 ?

thks

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Ce2f,

In the meantime there is no certain answer for this yet. We are working on the migration and will announce the releases for j1.7 on our blog.

ce2f Friend

very thks.

TomC Moderator

Some additional information and food for thought when considering upgrading to either J1.6 or J1.7 at this time . . .

[url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-smart-sensible-way-to-upgrade/every bit as strong, feature rich and robust as any of the current “upgrade” releases . . . in fact, MORE SO due to the availability of compatible extensions.

My advice . . . if your website is functioning well and is benefiting from the use of various 3rd Party extensions, then why try to fix what isn’t broken? However, if you are insistent on a feeling that you “absolutely must” upgrade to “the new thing,” then the ssmart/sensible and practical plan of action is to wait (at least) for the release of J1.8.

😎

ce2f Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 259385 wrote:</em><blockquote>Some additional information and food for thought when considering upgrading to either J1.6 or J1.7 at this time . . .

[url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-smart-sensible-way-to-upgrade/

The fact of the matter is that, at the present time (and for the foreseeable future), MOST of the Joomla Extension Developers have not/are not quick to upgrade/update their respective products for J1.6/J1.7x. I believe this is largely due to the relatively short professed shelf-life/support span of and for J1.7 – relative to what J1.5 has been (and continues to be). J1.5 is going to continue to be supported until at least April 2012 – at least up to the projected release of J1.8 … which will be the next MAJOR upgrade release (as opposed to J1.6 or J1.7).

I most certainly understand the dilemma …. technology advances so fast these days that, within the blink of an eye, the version you just started with has already been upgraded. HOWEVER, the good news is that Joomla remains every bit as robust and incredibly functional whether it’s J1.5x or (eventually) J1.8 …. and J1.5 is every bit as strong, feature rich and robust as any of the current “upgrade” releases . . . in fact, MORE SO due to the availability of compatible extensions.

My advice . . . if your website is functioning well and is benefiting from the use of various 3rd Party extensions, then why try to fix what isn’t broken? However, if you are insistent on a feeling that you “absolutely must” upgrade to “the new thing,” then the ssmart/sensible and practical plan of action is to wait (at least) for the release of J1.8.

:cool:</blockquote>

thks to your advise.
    You are right because j ‘ve tried joomla 1.7 and i note a lot of problem with ACL .
    I’ve succeed to upgrade template JA zibal excepted of menus(Main navigation) (ja_vars.php, ja_templatetools.php…) which make blank page. I will wait your upgrade
    Thanks
    TOM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ce2f 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum