Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Please Help!!!

My new site is not being indexed by google, yahoo, msn, lycos, Open Directory or any other search engine. I followed everything by the book:

meta, SEF, good content, Backlingking, Digg, Xmap, Analytics, Adwords, Adsense, webmaster (incl. sitemap), optimized images, RSS, RSS to siteexplorer, yahoo stats off (for fast loading). R

And nothing!

I’ve spent considerable amounts of hours trying to jump start google and the other search engines to get it index bu it seems like its just not there. i also tried Lynx viewer to see if the content is fine and it is.

Please help!

http://www.mi-empresa-ahora.com

mj1256 Friend

try posting the question at
    http://www.searchengineforums.com

they will help you there

did you manually submit to the search engines, and if so, how many times.
    you get a penalty for manual submissions. Its best to have your site crawled into the indexes.

also

you need to go to google webmaster tools and set up a sitemap and have your site validated.

you need separate keywords and descriptions for every single page, bear in mind, google ignores the keyword tag, but they will penalize you if you use it and use it incorrectly

you need to do a 301 redirect in your htaccess file, google sees the http://www.domain.com and domain.com as two separate sites and you can get penalized for that. Also, in google websmaster tools you can specify your preferred domain

although you have SEF enabled, SEF is not the same as SEO. You should try installing a third party search engine ops component. either artio of sh404

don_juan667766 Friend

I’m not only talking about google, other SE are not picking up my site. Yes I created a sitemap and submitted it with no problems. Yes i got the site validated as well. Yes i created unique keywords/descriptions for each page.

I also told google to crawl “www.” but about the 301 in the htaccess. What do I do?

Do I unquote RewriteBase / and google will recognized the http://www.?

My site is both SEF and SEO.

thanks,

Dan

mj1256 Friend

your 301 is not working, you should have a statement like this in your .htaccess file
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domainname.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domainname.com/$1 [R=301,L]

replace domain name with your domain name

if its the link above, your meta tags are the same on almost everypage

there no google verification statement in your head
    you should have a statement like this
    <meta name=”verify-v1″ content=”pd6JzGcFI+BIkJByXTlq0xVnxqsxAwLAycNxJH0+ag4=” >

you need a third party seo component like artio or SH404

and believe it or not, you do not have enough content. Much of what you have, the conent in tabs and accordions, the SE’s can’t read because they are in script.

and all of that set aside
    here is you biggest problem

GODADDY.COM, INC.

is the worst hosting there is for joomla, and for SEO also. The spiders cannot get through. Are you using one of those cheap options where you put all of your domains in one folder. Thats a big issue and has been discussed here many times. Then you have to put domains in a subfolder off the root and godaddy creates a redirect, thats is very bad as the search engines hate those redirects. You are going to have to jump very high to get these things to work on godaddy. Go to any forum or discussion group of professional webmasters and you will here this over and over again. DO NOT USE GODADDY. I consulted to them for a while a few months back. Their google webmasters tool DOES NOT WORK, they admitted that to me, a matter of fact, their relation ship with google is so bad that google was just ignoring GODADDY. Their FAQ’s were so wrong and outdated that they are useless. I did get them to update a few items but after our discussions they realized they were in such bad shape that they would have to rebuild all of the hosting architecture from scratch. They conform to no standards or internet protocols. They invented their own. They also admitted that their website stats program does not work either and the information is completely inaccurate.

sorry, you saved no money by using GD.

Can you get some things to work, yes, but only after alot of work, hours on the phone, centuries reading forum postings, and tons of frustration. But right now, they are on the outs with the SE’s.

and you can reject all of this wonderful news, and most do, but I have been doing SEO for 12 years and I do it for a living.

If you were my client, first I would move you to a real host, then we would install the third party SEO components, then we would make sure you had more content that conforms to our SEO skelton (format), unigue tags for every single page, content that is not in scripting tags (say goodbye to those accordians and tabs), that all the code is compliant, and run our own spiders through the site to make sure it could be crawled. Then we would optimize the site.

Amazingly, when I move a site from godaddy to another host, I make no site changes at all, but everything starts to work.

and as your site was just created on jan 3rd, you may need to give it just a bit more time.

also see number ten on this list
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/top-10-stupidest-administrator-tricks/

don_juan667766 Friend

ok so i did a few things:

* I moved my domain to my old C-panel hosting which is way faster than GD and obviously better
    * My 301 is now working
    * Changed my domain to moddus.net and permanently redirected 303 mi-empresa-ahora.com to it. (I added “disallowed” in the robot.txt while the transfer takes place)
    * I deregistered mi-empresa-ahora.com from webmaster tools

Need to do:

* I’ll add the webmaster verification code in the meta when I register moddus.net (after it gets index by itself)
    * I’ll get rid of the accordion and tabs most probably today

Now the big question I’ve been looking for all over the net is either:

* What folders and files do I need to change permissions to for automatically installing sh404SEF?
    * OR
    * How can I install it manually?

Please help

In terms of GD, I’ll just use it for file storage (I have some downloads that are over 700MB each). Nothing else! Thanks for the heads up!

Please let me knowon sh404SEF.

thank you once more

don_juan667766 Friend

Also, I tested the site with a test crawler at http://www.spider-simulator.com/en/ and i got the following result:

202 Accepted
    The request has been accepted for processing, but the processing has not been completed. The request might or might not eventually be acted upon, as it might be disallowed when processing actually takes place.

is this ok?

mj1256 Friend

sorry, I got busy

the best way to make sure your ok

go to google and sign in (upper right corner of google.com), then go to webmaster tools and to the html verification for your account

put the verification tag in the head of your site

then verify the site, if google finds the tag and it returns a status of verified, than you are good to go as that will prove that the spiders can access your site.

don_juan667766 Friend

OHH NO!!! THE HORROR!

Google crawled my site but found problems. Here’s the explanation:

“Googlebot crawls sites by following links from page to page. We had problems crawling the pages listed here, and as a result they won’t be added to our index and will not appear in search results. Review the errors below and check any affected page for problems.”

Then I found that “http://www.moddus.net/templates/ja_olivine” was restricted by robots.txt which of course it’s supposed to under “Disallow: /Templates/”

What do I do now. Can you please take a look?

Help, Don

scotty Friend

don_juan667766;106877“Googlebot crawls sites by following links from page to page. We had problems crawling the pages listed here, and as a result they won’t be added to our index and will not appear in search results. Review the errors below and check any affected page for problems.”

Usually it says under this text that if the urls are restricted by robots.txt then please ignore the errors.

Are the pages excluded by robots.exe?

don_juan667766 Friend

Not sure what you mean. But no pages are included.

On another note I ran the site through http://www.spider-simulator.com/en/ and gives me Code 200, which is good. I also did a Lynx viewer and the page is working fine in HTML only mode. I don’t understand what’s going on. Google seems to crawl the site but keeps telling me it’s having problems with it.

scotty Friend

don_juan667766;106896Not sure what you mean…

From Google Dashboard….

Googlebot crawls sites by following links from page to page. We had problems crawling the pages listed here, and as a result they won’t be added to our index and will not appear in search results.
    Review the errors below and check any affected page for problems. For example, URLs not followed errors can be a clue that some of your pages contain content (such as rich media files or images) that Googlebot can’t easily crawl, or that their URL structure is not Google-friendly.
    Learn more about crawl errors
    Note: Not all errors may be actual problems. For example, you may have chosen to deliberately block crawlers from some pages. If that’s the case, there’s no need to fix the error.

don_juan667766 Friend

http://www.moddus.net/templates/ja_olivine was excluded saying it’s restricted by robots.txt. Aside from that everything seems fine including the site map.

don_juan667766 Friend

I also got this: “Google was unable to crawl the URL due to a robots.txt restriction. Often, this is not an error.

If a URL redirects to a URL that is blocked by a robots.txt file, the first URL will be reported as being blocked by robots.txt (even if the URL is listed as Allowed in the robots.txt analysis tool)”

don_juan667766 Friend

I changed my robots to the following:

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /administrator/
    Disallow: /cache/
    Disallow: /components/
    Disallow: /images/
    Disallow: /includes/
    Disallow: /installation/
    Disallow: /language/
    Disallow: /libraries/
    Disallow: /media/
    Disallow: /modules/
    Disallow: /plugins/
    Disallow: /templates/
    Disallow: /tmp/
    Disallow: /xmlrpc/
    Allow: /templates/ja_olivine/index.php

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@mj1256 106153 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    GODADDY.COM, INC…DO NOT USE GODADDY…DOES NOT WORK…GODADDY…FAQ’s </blockquote>

Just had to quote this GD stuff… and just want to mention that one thing. Submit a site once and never again. I submit my sites always for free at http://www.google.com/addurl and all the time Googlebot visits in a matter of days. I have no meta tags set, no meta info in any products desciptions in my shop but Google crawls all products and those are a lot…

I can check the server logs and see Googlebot visiting any day again, crawling all content of my site daily, any page, any link and even goes over to my other sites that are linked to each other.

And for that shop, I did not even submit the site, but on one day checking the logs I saw endless entries of the real and confirmed Googlebot. Not even planned, to submit the site so early when still under construction, looks like the work of an angel that could not wait to bless my site, so better this way than the other.

So, you really must have submitted twice or used some “free search engine submit service” that is on the search engines index not to include the submissions and to probably ban all the sites that are submitted through those. There are a lot of spammer/scammers that offer those free submit services and I can imagine that Google and others do not like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  markb1439 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum