Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello, i have a problem in changing meta tags and meta description…in my website in joomla’s back end i have changed Global Site Meta Description and Global Site Meta Keywords but they are not changed in the index page. When i go on my index page to view the source page i just see the old joomla’s meta tags and meta description…and all searching engines took the old meta tags and description…Where should i modify them? What should i do to change the old ones?
    Thank you!

Saguaros Moderator

hmm dyzzithe1!

Did you turn on the joomla cache?,

In joomla system, you only update the Global Site Meta Description and Global Site Meta Keywords for the home page , you try to clear joomla cache, and browser cache and test this issue again

dyzzithe1 Friend

Ok…joomla cache is on…i have cleared all cache…but still i have the same issue…i will attache some pictures with the problem…I hope someone will help me. I wish to fix it sooner because is up allready in google with joomla tags…..
    Thank you!

1. Untitled-2
    2. Untitled-3
    3. Untitled-1
    dyzzithe1 Friend

I forget to tell that the issue is only on the index page….The others pages have take the new metatags and description…..The problem is only on the index page. Someone here to help me?

dyzzithe1 Friend

Joomlart support is not working anymore here?

dyzzithe1 Friend

Joomlart support is not serious….i’m still waiting an answer at my problem…..

Saguaros Moderator

Oh, sorry, your issue is a difficult one.
    please kindly provide me the administrator account and the FTP account i would like to check this issue in detail,

dyzzithe1 Friend

Ok…i have send you a pm

Saguaros Moderator

The problem is fixed, the reason is from installing the System – AceSEF plugin, it did override the meta keyworks, and meta description in the home page.

dyzzithe1 Friend

Ok, thank you very much!
    Have a nice day!

sling19 Friend

hi, i having the same problem

should i unable it?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi sling19,

If it has problem, you can make a consideration of using it or not :). You can contact its provider for further helps.

Regards

mstoss Friend

Hi,

it seems, that this problem had been solved for a while but now it shows up again. I just installed Zite template and I have the same problem – but without having any such AceSEF-Plugin installed at all.

So, the landing page (and only that one) keeps on telling you “Responsive business template for Joomla 3.0 …” despite the full meta tags entered in the BE.

Yours,
    Michael

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Michael,

By default, this text is Meta Description we add for this template via settings of Home menu item:

Kindly check and change to your own meta desc then remember to clean JAT3 cache.

If problem still persists, you can pm me admin account of your site, I will take a look at this.

Regards

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

I just cleaned JAT3 cache in your site, when viewing the source, your site’s meta description is: Virtuelle 360° Rundgänge in höchster Perfektion für Ihr Unternehmen….., try to clear cache of browser and have a look at description again.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum