Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am having a problem creating menu items for K2 “Categories” and “Items” not showing up properly with JA Teline III v2. Here is a full description of what I have been experiencing:

I have Joomla 2.5 running in parallel on the same server in a sub directory called jupgrade. My home page is working and any content displayed is accessible.

I am trying to create menus from “categories” in k2. I am also using sh404SEF.

But when I try and create a menu item using something from k2 I go to the front end and try and use the link. When I hover over it it just shows theandygram.com/jupgrade/. That’s where it takes me despite having the following URL in the “link” box in the menu settings: (theandygram.com/jupgrade/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category).

When I try and load this link manually, it directs me right back to theandygram.com/jupgrade also, basically ignoring all the attributes in the url string. This happens with your template. When I go back to Beez2, it behaves, for the most part, although it is not including the category as part of the URL (I had set “All Categories” in the K2/Paramaters/Advanced/sh404SEF)

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate the feedback.

A few more details, in the joomla global settings I have:

Search Engine Friendly URLs: No (have tried yes)
    Use URL rewriting: Yes (have tried no)

And in sh404SEF:

Enable URL Optimization: Yes

The settings in my k2/parameters/advance/sh404SEF are identical between the sites with the following settings:

sh404SEF URL prefix for categories: empty
    sh404SEF URL prefix for users/authors: blogs
    sh404SEF URL category prefix for items: All Categories
    Use Title Alias for sh404SEF URLs: Yes
    sh404SEF URL prefix for the feed generated by the ‘K2 Content’ module: feed
    Insert Item id in URL: no
    Unique ID: no

theandygram Friend

This problem has been resolved.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  theandygram 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum