Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

If a menu has an image layout messed up and there are some conflict with JomSocial and EasyBlog and EasyDiscuss modules.

Please check the attachment

I think this is an important issue.

1. 001
    2. 002
    tfosnom Friend

JA Wall is not compatible with JomSocial due to JomSocial never having a truely stable release ever! and this is a responsive template you need to use with stuff that also is responsive, This has been covered in many previous threads that JA is not going to spend time making the template JomSocial friendly, they say it’s best to ask JomSocial to make JomSocial Ja Wall Friendly as with Easyblog etc.

The menu could be fixed by adjusting css by the looks of it.
    Cheers Shannon

mustafaerdinc Friend

Thanks. Ok. I understand JomSocial issues. But how can I manage the fix menu issues? I could’nt locate css codes. I tried many variations but it wasn’t worked.

Regards

tfosnom Friend

Hi Mustafa
    If you post your live site url I will use firebug to try to locate the relevant files, if not I have a local installation which I’m happy to play around with to help, alternatively you can use firebug on your site and go from there. Generally you are looking in the css file for a menu call to adjust look for line height call.

From the demo installation default menu

Look in navigation.css file,/templates/ja_wall/css for something like this:

Line 44 – this seems to control the whole navbar

#mainnav .menu > li > a {

-moz-transition: background-color 0.5s ease 0s, color 0.2s linear 0s;

border-bottom: 5px solid transparent;

color: #BBBBBB
    display: block;
    float: left;

height: 40px;

line-height: 45px;

padding: 0 20px;
    text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);

Line 33 – This line appears to control the individual menu items

#mainnav .menu, #mainnav .menu li {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;

}

Line 202 – Note the list (li) and Line height
    .menu li {
    border: 0 none;
    line-height: 1.1;
    list-style: none outside none;

margin: 5px 0 0;
    padding: 0;

}

Best I can do without more info on your live site

Hoping I can help you
    Blessings Shannnon

dave_logic Friend

<em>@tfosnom 320396 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA Wall is not compatible with JomSocial due to JomSocial never having a truely stable release ever! and this is a responsive template you need to use with stuff that also is responsive, This has been covered in many previous threads that JA is not going to spend time making the template JomSocial friendly, they say it’s best to ask JomSocial to make JomSocial Ja Wall Friendly as with Easyblog etc.

The menu could be fixed by adjusting css by the looks of it.
    Cheers Shannon</blockquote>

I have Jomsocial working fine with JA_Wall..No its not 100% responsive however it scales down to IPad size using the default template straight out of the box.Scaling down to Iphone size would not be practical for an application like Jomsocial anyway…..With regards to stability, Jomsocial 2.61 is far more stable than JA_Wall at present in my opinion..

Also tested JReviews and Joomgallery as OK with JA_Wall with a few tweeks here and there…

Dave

tfosnom Friend

I stand corrected thanks for that , the need for every web designer to HAVE to include every type of social networking there is, just goes to show that social networKing in any form is an addiction and is destroying the fabric of society.

I’m sure they make movies soon about social network addicts that abandon their life to online virtual friends, they leave their small babies in the bath while they go online for a 5 min fix to see if anyone laughs at their funny jokes or to play games, or how many more likes they have. Wait, in real life this already happened.:eek:

Like the sign says at zoos, DON’T FEED THE MONKEYS. Leave facebook or twitter off your next site I do and I still survive? 🙂

dave_logic Friend

<em>@tfosnom 320783 wrote:</em><blockquote>I stand corrected thanks for that , the need for every web designer to HAVE to include every type of social networking there is, just goes to show that social networKing in any form is an addiction and is destroying the fabric of society.

I’m sure they make movies soon about social network addicts that abandon their life to online virtual friends, they leave their small babies in the bath while they go online for a 5 min fix to see if anyone laughs at their funny jokes or to play games, or how many more likes they have. Wait, in real life this already happened.:eek:

Like the sign says at zoos, DON’T FEED THE MONKEYS. Leave facebook or twitter off your next site I do and I still survive? :)</blockquote>

LOL…I agree with this….For me however Jomsocial is the framework I use for Video sections and User image uploads etc and the site was to some degree built round this so is important I can fit it in……I also have an iphone app which uses Jomsocial so pretty core to the whole thing..

Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dave_logic 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum