Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I’m having trouble making Ironis multilingual on J2.5, it’s a menu problem….
    When i set up my site for multilanguage with all the different menu positions and menu’s all assigned to the appropriate languages it doesn’t work. It doesn’t work because in the template manager you need to set a specific menu for the template. And it isn’t possible to duplicate the template and change the duplicate into the other menu because then it changes both the templates (original and duplicate).

Searched the forums and found this post and this post But this doesnt seem like a good fix because i want my clients not to go into the template manager and mess around there every time they add a news item or menu-item. And since this template is a J2.5 there must be a better way to fix my problem?

Help greatly appreciated and i think you guys should make a subforum or something for multilanguage because i found it very hard to find an answer to my problem. maybe a tutorial of some kind.

Cheers

Tom van der Laan

swissa Friend

Hi Tom,

I’m not at my computer and posting from a tablet is hard but if my memory serves me, with T3 2.5, you can assign a language. That means as long as you pickk a language for a menu you no longer need to assign the page number. It should be automatic.

I will check this later when @ home but I am almost sure of this.

Bestens

tom_laan84 Friend

Hi, yeah that i would guess would be true, but somehow it doesn’t work. kinda hard to find info on it too. especially since most posts are pre J2.5. Thanks for your quick reply, is it really hard on tablet? Planning on getting me an iPad 3 but it should do stuff like that very easily… Maybe one of the staff can help us out on this one.

swissa Friend

<em>@tom_laan84 304243 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, yeah that i would guess would be true, but somehow it doesn’t work. kinda hard to find info on it too. especially since most posts are pre J2.5. Thanks for your quick reply, is it really hard on tablet? Planning on getting me an iPad 3 but it should do stuff like that very easily… Maybe one of the staff can help us out on this one.</blockquote>

I think it is because I prefer a proper keyboard and a bigger screen for things like this. For surfing etc it is fine. 😉

So, yes, @ home now and you can just pick a language. I don’t have Ironis but T3 is T3 so the process should be the same.

I don’t know how you have set up your other menus. I have an english menu with all english items under this and then a swiss menu that mirrors it. I never mix languages in menu items. Obviously all articles are then language specific and some of the modules too.

I know Pavit has lots of experience in multi language sites too. You might want to get him to look at your admin. 🙂

1. spracheT3
    pavit Moderator

Hi Tom_laan84

I was called

If you want i can help you but you need to send me your admin account for the back end via PM so i can check closer to your configuration

Thanks

tom_laan84 Friend

Hi swissa;

Thanks for your help man! they should pay you for all your help! hahahaha. your screenshot solved my problem! 😀

Thanks for the fast response pavit but luckily it’s fixed now. i’ve been breaking my head on it for over two hours (bad huh? ) lol. the admin cred. were in the post btw. but things are just fine! Now i can start editing these mighty fine templates again!

Thanks a lot guys!!

(off-topic) BTW: Swissa i can’t reply on your PM, it says you have disabbled recieving PM’s..

swissa Friend

<em>@tom_laan84 304291 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    (off-topic) BTW: Swissa i can’t reply on your PM, it says you have disabbled recieving PM’s..</blockquote>

Firstly, glad I could help you. 🙂

Yeah, PM has been off for ages, sorry. Can’t even remember why I PM’d you? Think was to tell you new Tiris 2.5 was out??

tom_laan84 Friend

<em>@swissa 304310 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yeah, PM has been off for ages, sorry. Can’t even remember why I PM’d you? Think was to tell you new Tiris 2.5 was out??</blockquote>

Ahh too bad. yeah it was about the tiris 2.5 wanted to talk about what it would take to upgrade. And talk about your enthousiasm for Joomla and webdesign ;).

Bestens

swissa Friend

Sent you a PM meneer! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum