Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Not sure if this question has been posed however, the top menu, I noticed there’s two ‘Home’ menu items….that take you to two different places…the one home menu item, which is the symbol of home, where can I disable that as well as edit the page its associated with….I can’t seem to find it in Articles nor in the Module listing?

Thanks!

khoand Friend

Hi,
    Open <joomla url>pluginssystemjat3jat3coremenubase.class.php file. Replace

$v->url = JURI::base();
    to

$v->url = "http://www.google.com";

jay313 Friend

Greetings,

I’m curious, how is this to remove the home symbol icon from the top menu? I don’t want to confuse the end user with two HOME menus that take them two different places….Question, again, where is that page associated with the ‘first’ HOME menu in the demo?

Thanks!

Phill Moderator

Not sure what you mean? In cloris there is only on little house icon showing for the homepage in the menu bar. The logo will also take you to the same place. Can you post an image showing what you mean exactly because I can only see the house icon.

khoand Friend

You try this way:
    Add this code in <joomla url>pluginssystemjat3jat3coremenubase.class.php file

if (strstr($active, "home-icon") == "")

before

$data = '<a href="'.$tmp->url.'" '.$active.' '.$id.' '.$title.'>'.$txt.'</a>';

jay313 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 227386 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not sure what you mean? In cloris there is only on little house icon showing for the homepage in the menu bar. The logo will also take you to the same place. Can you post an image showing what you mean exactly because I can only see the house icon.</blockquote>

Basically, I want to remove the Home symbol from the menu…

Phill Moderator

Simply go into the menu manage for the Home page then in “Parameters(JA Extended)” remove the Additional Class marked “home-icon”

That will remove the icon and restore it to the more normal text link.

If you wish to hide that item completely also in “Parameters(JA Extended)” you can set “Show Title” to No.

sjmorris Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 227623 wrote:</em><blockquote>Simply go into the menu manage for the Home page then in “Parameters(JA Extended)” remove the Additional Class marked “home-icon”

That will remove the icon and restore it to the more normal text link.

If you wish to hide that item completely also in “Parameters(JA Extended)” you can set “Show Title” to No.</blockquote>

For those of us who didn’t do the quick install, there is ABSOLUTELY no clue anywhere in the docs on how to get the home icon to appear. Adding “home-icon” to the JA-Extended “additonal class” field makes home.png appear.

Thanks.

1. Screen-shot-2011-05-16-at-9.28.35-PM
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sjmorris 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum