Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I have a couple of issues with the main menu on the site I am working on.

On this page, you can see both problems

1. This template has options for Split Menu, CSS Menu, and Moo Menu. The menu is acting like a Dropline menu by putting submenus below it. I have to have these menu items published for formatting reasons, but I don’t want them to display in a dropline or even dropdown. Other templates have the option for either Split Menu OR Dropline Menu. How do I get the submenus to not display, but keep the Split Menu option?

2. For about a half second while the page is loading, the menu description below the name of the menu stretches to fit the box correctly. But, once it is loaded, all the boxes want to be equal size which then makes a couple of the menu descriptions, Home and The Gallery, wrap to two lines. I don’t need the boxes to be equal size, I just want the text to fit on one line. What do I need to edit to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

imsleepy Friend

I got problem #2 straightened out with css but still can’t figure out problem #1 and how to get rid of the submenus on the main menu.

Any ideas?

jsliao Friend

hi, i visited your site but problem #2 does not occur for me…

what browser and screen resolution are you using?

imsleepy Friend

Oops… it’s problem #2 I fixed with css. Still have problem #1 trying to figure out how to make submenus not show. I just want the Split Menu without Dropline for submenus, but there doesn’t seem to be that option. I have to have the submenus published for formatting reasons, but I don’t want them to show in a dropline menu below the regular menu.

jsliao Friend

if u need the menus without them showing. try putting them in a seperate menu and publishing them into a non existant position.

imsleepy Friend

I’ll give that a try.

imsleepy Friend

That didn’t work. The problem I am having is that I want the print and email icons on the main article, but not on the main Music & Lyrics page which is the blog format. Each song is then on it’s own article page. The only way I have been able to get the print and email icons on the article page, but not the blog page was to make a submenu item for each article. Putting them on another menu didn’t work. Seems to need to be submenus on the main menu for it to work. But I don’t want the dropline menu for the submenu items either.

jsliao Friend

did u set the configuration for each of the menu after putting them into another menu?

u need to set each menu’s settings on the right according to your needs

jsliao Friend

see attached image

1. settings
    imsleepy Friend

I figured it out… well sort of. Strange combination I had to do. When I first tried your idea, I moved the menu items to another menu and out of the main menu. Yes, they were configured right. That didn’t work, BUT, I left them in the new menu I created AND copied them back to the main menu, but unpublished. For some reason this combination of the two menus works. Just unpublishing them from the main menu didn’t work and moving them to another menu didn’t work… but doing both did work.

Not sure it’s the right way, but for some reason it works. Just means editing two menus every time I add a song. Not too big of a deal as long as I remember to do it.

Thanks for the tip!

jsliao Friend

hmmm strange… but whatever works! heh

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jsliao 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum