Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi, I when looking at the edition of events jointly with JomSocial (4.1.4) and the template JA_Social, there are several problems:

1. jomsocialrt-error
    2. jomsocialrt-error-messages
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You are using latest Joomla and latest Jomscial , while your template version is too old and not compatible with latest Joomla and Jomsocial .
    You need to take backup of site and all custom changes and update template to latest version .
    Then compile Less to css from template options .
    Do not forget to take backup and all your custom changes .

yfb01 Friend

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback.
    1°) About the customs changes to specifically backup: do you mean the ones done the template only? (I will also do a global backup, for sure).
    2°) to update that template to JA Social 2, should I uninstall the template? (first? or after installing the new one on top?).

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello yfb01
    Template update override the previous template files are you will loose custom changes if u did not template .
    For the safer side i still suggest to take a full backup of site whenever u update template or Joomla .

• You do not need to uninstall the template . There two ways you can update template .
      via JA Extension Manager (Recommended) . Go to components > JA Extension Manager > Service Manager Area > Add your JA Account user /pass .> Save it .

• Then click on Template from Right side menu items in JA extension manager > JA Social> check for updates .
        And update the update the template .
      • In Manual update u can download latest version of template and install it via Joomla extension manager installer .
    yfb01 Friend

Thanks for the info.
    I am effectively used to that way of updating JA tools.
    However, the update of the JA Social template remained blocked to the version of 2013. (the T3 is well updating). See print screen.
    The new template is not proposed automatically. It is the reason why I was asking for the procedure to update it. Any supplementary advice?
    🙂
    y

1. template
    2. t3
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi could u provide me the screenshot of error that u are getting when u update the template .
    And allow me to check this on your site (I will click on update now button to update template )

yfb01 Friend

When I said the update is blocked, I didn’t mean I got an error message. I Simply meant that the proposed update are stopped on September 2013.
    If you click on the update 2.5.8 update (as shown in the print screen in the previous message), then it indicates updated OK, but when you refresh, the same list of updates appears.
    And I don’t have access to the update to the JA Social 2.
    you can click on the update button (I just did it as well).

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Thanks for the details sir .
    the current version of the template is first version(2013) that have not compatible with latest Joomla and obsolete. This is reason extension manager detecting it as previous version of template (JAT3v2) .
    Could u download the template from download page and install it via Joomla extension manager installer .
    If possible try it on test replica site . I tried to replicate this problem but can not because first version1.0 no more available for download .
    Let me know if you have any question regarding this issue .

yfb01 Friend

Hi,
    I tried on a copy website (a local MAMP) and installed the template and the aim module as well (what was in the download package). But there are still a lot to move around (to move the top panel functions for instance, to reconnect the various menus like JomSocial or the submenu items) and I cannot get the megamenu function working properly.
    So I am not sure I will move to the new version of Social 2 or to a completely different one, even without a T3 base, as there may be too many interactions between old and new installation. What would you recommend?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Dear Sir New JA Social II is different template then older JA Social . JA Social is also support Jomsocial so it depends on your needs , if you want to move latest design and new feature you can move to JA Social II template. You need to play with the quickstart package and checkout the JA Social II layouts and functionality how it works .
    Regarding the problem going with JA Social i need to check this on your live site with latest template updates , so if possible provide a replicate test copy of site (install on a subdomain) , so i will debug the problems you are facing and help u to fix them.

yfb01 Friend

Hi Pankaj,

I have been looking at installing the updated version of the JA Social II on a local install on my computer. I Have several configuration question on the JA Social II template:
    1°) I would like to get the logo in the header displaying in a larger way (and not looking reduced as on the attached "logo-size.png"). How should I configure it? in some custom code (where?) or in setting somewhere?
    2°) The boxes displayed on the front page have square angles (see square-box-JS-2.png), I would like to get round corners as in JA Social 1 (see round-box-JS-1.png).
    3°) The images of articles on the homepage or in blog mode do not display well when using the images and links tab (see edit-images-article.png) in the edition mode in JS Social 2 (see blog-lisiting-JS-2.png), I would like to get the same as in JA Social 1 (example for the same article at http://oi-net.eu).

Thanks yves

1. logo-size-1
    2. round-box-JS-1
    3. square-box-JS-2
    4. edit-images-article
    5. blog-lisiting-JS-2
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi yfb01
    I am afraid these are the personal customization to make changes in the template too give it look like another template style , you can hire a developer for such personal custom work .
    While i can help in some of tasks if you can provide me the site url where i can check the problem directly on your site .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum