Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hola, before I get into complaining about things not working I just wanted to say that this template is great! It’s different and can be used to create a much more minimalistic site for a portfolio or small event. I like that you guys are switching it up 🙂

The problem is that my mega menu isn’t sliding along with the page. Whenever one of the items is clicked the menu stays on top, which is rather annoying. I think the problem is linked with something I am doing wrong when I make the main menu, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

I don’t think it’s very complicated but it’s definitely got me confused – any help would be appreciated!

bloone Friend

Sorry, I’ll include the link for anyone that wants to check it out; http://www.tyrannus.ca/sharonmcleay/index.php

TomC Moderator

<em>@bloone 304054 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I don’t think it’s very complicated but it’s definitely got me confused – any help would be appreciated!</blockquote>

It’s actually not complicated . . . but unless you have an idea of what you’re looking for, it can be confusing/frustrating.

I will try to make this a learning experience for you as well – so you will be able to add this kind of “what to look for/investigative” sense for the next time an issue like this arises.

First of all, FIREBUG was mentioned earlier as a tool you can use to identify various elements within your site. It is, in my opinion, especially helpful in identifying CSS elements, and even testing out various modifications in a real-time virtual-live setting.

Okay, now onto your particular issue . . .

In reviewing the CSS of the demo version of our JA MERS Template, I identified the following CSS within the file path –> templates/ja_mers/css/template.css

at line 9, there is the following:

.bd-homepage #ja-mainnav, .bd-homepage #mainnav {
    left: 0;
    position: fixed;
    top: 40px;
    z-index: 12;
    }

The important property here is position: fixed. So, as you currently have your General Settings for your CSS set to “Join and Minify,” I am not able to look into your particular CSS to see if your’s is, somehow different. So, what you need to do is open your template.css file with your chosen text-editor (within the path identified above) and check at line 9. Is the CSS the same? If so, then we need to investigate things a bit further.

If it is different, however, then modify accordingly.

Let me know how it goes.

bloone Friend

It’s not on line 9 but everything is definitely still there, and is identical to the lines you quoted me =/

TomC Moderator

<em>@bloone 304428 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s not on line 9 but everything is definitely still there, and is identical to the lines you quoted me =/</blockquote>

I just looked into your CSS and this is what I see in your template.css file . . .

#ja-mainnav, #mainnav {
    line-height: normal;
    font-size: 105%;
    position: relative;
    z-index: 13;
    }

try modifying as follows . . . .

#ja-mainnav, #mainnav {
    line-height: normal;
    font-size: 105%;
    position: fixed;
    z-index: 13;
    }

NOTE:
    You’re right – it’s NOT at line 9 … that is how it was coming up within my web development tool – though it is incorrect.
    nevertheless, look through your template.css file for the #ja-mainnav, #mainnav CSS class – it should be in there.

How does that work for you?

bloone Friend

It works perfectly! 😀

I feel like a jackass for asking now though, I probably should have checked myself before I made you waste your time.

Any idea how the CSS file changed from that included with the template? I didn’t think it would be possible so just assumed that couldn’t be the problem =/

TomC Moderator

<em>@bloone 304439 wrote:</em><blockquote>It works perfectly! 😀

I feel like a jackass for asking now though, I probably should have checked myself before I made you waste your time.

</blockquote>
    You’re very welcome …. Glad I could assist.

Hope some of the additional tools I suggested help you as you continue with your site development.

😎

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum