Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

If I may copy and paste what someone else has already written well, as I have the same problem:

"I am trying to get a side-bar menu where thre are two levels. I want it to appear so that the second level is always shown and not on hover. Seems simple, but I can’t make the dropdown on hover stop.

So I have this…

Item 1
    —sub item a
    —sub item b
    —sub item c
    Item 2
    Item 3
    etc…

I want it to basically look just like that on the screen. Instead what I get is Item 1 with a small arrow to the right and when you hover over it, the sub item a,b, and c are shown overlaying. I don’t want this for a few reasons: 1. It looks bad, 2. You can’t see the information without the hover, and 3. I load this menu module into the dropdown of the mega menu at the top, so there is a dropdown inside of the megamenu dropdown, which I think looks bad and is confusing to use.

Can someone simply explain how I can make these items always show without the hover effect? I can’t find anything because people are usually looking to enable the hover not remove it, so all that comes up in searches is how to add a dropdown on hover.

I have the module setup to point to a menu that has subitems and in the menu module options, I have show sub-menu items selected as yes. If I select that as no, then they don’t show at all. I just want them to show, but indented instead of on hover. I feel like there must be a style already in there for this to use for the Menu Class Suffix, but I don’t know what it is and everything in this regard seems to point to horizontal menus WITH drop downs.
    Please assist if you have any ideas.
    Thanks." Scott Lavelle (https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/menu-module-with-sub-items-showing-not-dropdown/) (I tried to follow phong nam’s reply but I’ve not had joy)

All menu’s already have the option to show sub menus ‘Enabled’

Are you able to make a suggestion on how I can achive this please?

anthonyrsc Friend

Or, I’d also like to achive this with the JAEndite 2 Template.
    It seems you have to either click or hover to view the menu and that the Joomla module setting allways show sub menu’s is ignored.

How do you get around this please?

Kind Regards,

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you share screenshot of how you want to achieve here? I will check in my local site.

anthonyrsc Friend

Hi Saguaros, thanks for your reply.
    I’ve since downloaded and used another template but thanks for the offer to take a look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anthonyrsc 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum