Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi Dave,

I could not have device: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6Plush to test and duplicate the problem of you mentioned above, you can try to help me to check it with old iPhone version and let me know the result.

Beside that, maybe I will make a issue problem to development team. They will check this bug on new iPhone version.

Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Dave,

I don’t have IP 6 device to check this issue, did you experience the same issue with our demo site?

http://ja-obelisk.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/

If yes, I will report to the team for further checking.

Regards

davisj Friend

Hi @ninja Lead, @adam M. Just checked and the Obelisk demo menu works well. Not sure why mine doesn’t work. I checked it on an old iphone 4S running an earlier version of Safari (and ios) and my website menu also works perfectly. I also get the same issue with the menu links not working on my iPad running current ios..

davisj Friend

Hi @ninja Lead, @adam M. Just checked and the Obelisk demo menu works well. Not sure why mine doesn’t work. I checked it on an old iphone 4S running an earlier version of Safari (and ios) and my website menu also works perfectly. I also get the same issue with the menu links not working on my iPad running current ios..

Ninja Lead Moderator

I already raised that bug to development team and you can follow the status this bug from here.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I already raised that bug to development team and you can follow the status this bug from here.

davisj Friend

Hi, thanks for your help with this. It’s pretty urgent for me as my website is pretty much useless on an updated ipad or iphone (using iOs 9.1). Also, not sure if it’s recorded elsewhere but the website address is echoactive.com

Cheers

Dave

davisj Friend

Hi, thanks for your help with this. It’s pretty urgent for me as my website is pretty much useless on an updated ipad or iphone (using iOs 9.1). Also, not sure if it’s recorded elsewhere but the website address is echoactive.com

Cheers

Dave

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@davisj 502116 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, thanks for your help with this. It’s pretty urgent for me as my website is pretty much useless on an updated ipad or iphone (using iOs 9.1). Also, not sure if it’s recorded elsewhere but the website address is echoactive.com

Cheers

Dave</blockquote>

We will try to find the solution for this problem on iOs 9.1. Please give dev team more time to check it. Thank for your understand.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@davisj 502116 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, thanks for your help with this. It’s pretty urgent for me as my website is pretty much useless on an updated ipad or iphone (using iOs 9.1). Also, not sure if it’s recorded elsewhere but the website address is echoactive.com

Cheers

Dave</blockquote>

We will try to find the solution for this problem on iOs 9.1. Please give dev team more time to check it. Thank for your understand.

davisj Friend

Hi,

I just closed the issue on your Agile board.

The problem wasn’t with the template, as far as I can see, Apple has changed the way clicks work on Safari under the new iOs (9 or 9.1). They may have done this because of the new 3D touch on the iPhone/iPad, ie. a touch-click now has to be held down for 1/2 a second on older devices (anything but the new S iPhones).

As far as I can tell, this is a change from the old iOs where a simple click/quick touch was sufficient to open a new link from the menu. I think this is still the same with standard, non-menu html links in the new iOs – ie. a click (quick touch) is all that’s required to open the link.

Thanks for your help with this in any case.

Cheers

David

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  davisj 8 years, 8 months ago.

The topic ‘Menu links not working on iPhone Safari’ is closed to new replies.