Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I noticed that when I load the page that contains Remository, the main menu jumps downwards.

Easiest way to explain is to show you:
    http://newlineagegames.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=28

As you can see, the main menu works fine throughout the site, until I load the Downloads page. then it jumps below the Remository component.

I’ve seen behavior like this, especially with bloody IE, but I wanted to ask for help because I am not at all familiar with Joomla’s theme system and I don’t want to break the theme/site.

Thanks!

ShannonN Friend

robfleischmann;12194Hello everyone,

I noticed that when I load the page that contains Remository, the main menu jumps downwards.

Easiest way to explain is to show you:
    http://newlineagegames.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=28

As you can see, the main menu works fine throughout the site, until I load the Downloads page. then it jumps below the Remository component.

I’ve seen behavior like this, especially with bloody IE, but I wanted to ask for help because I am not at all familiar with Joomla’s theme system and I don’t want to break the theme/site.

Thanks!

Not here it doesn’t Rob

In I.E 7 the main menu remains where it is, works fine also in FF 2.02
    the menu shifts only enough to accommodate the bold that highlights the selected button, but that is almost nothing, in FF the remository items show a small movement as the page redraw, but FF does render graphics quite as well as it should, (slow rendering)

so I’m sorry I can’t see the problem here and can only offer the basic “flush the browser cache” advice

Cheers ShannonN

davib Friend

I am using IE 6, and so are a few other people who have experienced the same problem.

I know FF works well, it does in most cases since it is a better browser than IE, but still since I will be trying to impress as much of the internet crowd as possible, I want to make sure my site works in all flavors of the browser.

Do you have any PC that is running IE 6?

Thanks for the help!
    Rob

<em>@ShannonN 12205 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not here it doesn’t Rob

In I.E 7 the main menu remains where it is, works fine also in FF 2.02
    the menu shifts only enough to accommodate the bold that highlights the selected button, but that is almost nothing, in FF the remository items show a small movement as the page redraw, but FF does render graphics quite as well as it should, (slow rendering)

so I’m sorry I can’t see the problem here and can only offer the basic “flush the browser cache” advice

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

ShannonN Friend

robfleischmann;12214I am using IE 6, and so are a few other people who have experienced the same problem.

I know FF works well, it does in most cases since it is a better browser than IE, but still since I will be trying to impress as much of the internet crowd as possible, I want to make sure my site works in all flavors of the browser.

Do you have any PC that is running IE 6?

Thanks for the help!
    Rob

I’m sorry Rob, I no longer have any system running IE 6 it was that bad I tried to get away from it as fast as I could, while IE 7 isn’t much better ( after all it’s a bug ridden Microsoft product passed off as a final release ) but it has come a bit of the way to compatibility.

I kinda hope all the non technical ppl running IE6 will take notice of the upgrade pop up that may display and actually upgrade

I’m just playing with very old system with Linux on it if I can get it to recognize the network I may be able to test in Konqueror hee hee

Cheers ShannonN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum