Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I need some help with a small issue. Let me try to explain this as clearly as possible without being too confusing.
    How do I prevent a menu item title from appearing when the mouse pointer is left on the menu item? For example, if you go to the joomlart.com homepage and you point and leave your mouse on one of the menu items, say downloads, a text box will appear with the title ‘Downloads’. What do I need to do to avoid that?

Thanks in advance.

birdoasis Friend

You need to find the “Alt” tag for that menu item. Which menu is this for?

It helps if you give the following info.

What template your using.
    Is this just for joomla, or are you using ijoomla, virtuemart, etc.
    Which menu are you talking about.
    Which browser are you using?

By the way, test your templat in both ie and firefox, and even the others if you want to be really picky. hehe.

ErikThorsen Friend

A bit off the topic perhaps but why would you want to remove this. It even helps ranking in search engines… 🙂

Khanh Le Moderator

<blockquote>
    It even helps ranking in search engines…
    </blockquote>
    Alt tag is very useful for Search engines and it is an improvement in JA menu systems. You could see that the default menu of Joomla does not support alt tag.
    benlee, If you still want to remove the alt tag, please provide more detailed information as birdoasis addresses.

michelequinn Friend

I have a client that wants the alt title removed. They find it distracting.
    Although I agree with your comment about SEO, the client gets what they want!

When hovering over one of the horizontal mainmenu items the alt title pops up.
    It sort of looks like double titles for each menu item.

This site uses the JA Wistery template. Browser is Firefox.
    Here is a link to the site (still in development):

website

Can you please tell me which file to modify to delete the ALT titles from the main menu?

Thanks!

Michele

MuffinDCC Friend

Doesn’t no ALT tags mean no validty?

michelequinn Friend

Hmmm, good point MuffinDCC!

Probably a stupid question, but is there a way to leave the ALT tags in the code, but not have the pop-ups on the mainmenu?

Gotta make the client happy. It’s just the mainmenu pop-ups driving them crazy.
    Unfortunately, I have to delete the ALTs no matter what they hear about SEO.

dan lecount Friend

bump, looking to remove the alt titles in droid template . . .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dan lecount 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum