Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m in the process of recreating a site in Joomla 3.4, which is currently running on 2.5. Both use the JA Social template (not Social II). I used SP Upgrade to transfer over all the articles, which worked with no problem. I then tried to transfer the main menu and main menu items, so I wouldn’t have to recreate it. When I attempted to transfer the main menu type, it said it was successful, but it wasn’t able to transfer the menu items. When I went to the site I noticed that the "home" icon was missing and that the menu text wasn’t bold any more. I tried adding the icon back but it didn’t work correctly and now shows two icons, one black and one white. Also, the down arrow to indicate a sub-menu has moved to the other side. Any ideas how to fix this? I’ve attached images of both the good menu and the bad.

Thanks!

1. broken-icon
    2. correct-menu
    jsadik Friend

Hi…is there anyone who can help me out with this? Thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi

Have you solved the problem on your site? I check and see it’s working fine on your site.

Regards

1. Screen-Shot-2016-07-08-at-10.11.19
    jsadik Friend

No, it’s not. I think you were looking at the current site (v2.5). The new site (v3.4) is here: http://thewjc.com/joomla34-2/

And actually, I’m not sure now if the home menu item did have the house icon there or was bold, originally. I created a fresh 3.4 instance and the menu looks the same as the 3.4 site I’ve been working on. That being said, I still would like to make the menu look the same as the 2.5 site.

Thanks for your help.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I got an empty page when I access the URL of your site. Please help me to check this

1. Screen-Shot-2016-07-11-at-08.55.14
    jsadik Friend

On Friday the site stopped working. I was getting a blank white screen with the text "Fatal error: Class ‘JModelList’ not found in /home/thewjc/public_html/joomla34-2/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 20." On the back end, I was seeing a similar message, but it was pointing to the same file under the admin folder, later it output "The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again." Now everything’s just blank!!!

I’ve reinstalled the articles.php file and have tried "fixing" the database, but it’s still broken.

I know this is a different topic now but if anyone can help I’d be very grateful!!!

Thank you!

Ninja Lead Moderator

@jsadik: I will try to help you to detect further. But you can provide me the credentials info: admin login and FTP account of your hosting via private reply.

jsadik Friend

My old 2.5 site was hacked. It was on the same server space as the new 3.4 site I was working on and _they _infested the server with all sorts of bad files. The easiest option was to recreate with a fresh image on a new hosting account. Everything’s working now. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jsadik 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum