Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anybody have any idea why the menu drops down to another line?

1. screenshot
    Saguaros Moderator

Dear paulwallen!

I’m sorry, i could not the bug on our demo and some dev sites. can you re-install the template or give me the link to your site :), i would like to check this : is it a bug of the template ?

thanks

uniquebiz Friend

Hi Paul
    After looking at the ja demo in both IE 8 and FF 3.59 I see the same thing happening in FF as you are, yet in IE I see a white block where the articles selections are, Weird? on my own local wamp install it displays fine in all browsers? again weird. Doh! I found the reason why it was breaking for me in FF, due to poor eyesite I had zoomed the text display up 1 level so it was displaying bigger than normal and causing the wrapping, could this be your problem?
    Blessings Shannon

troymumm Friend

I see this same issue in Firefox – the last item always drops down to a second line. Doesn’t matter if I use CSS, DropLine, Mega,etc. It seems the div class=”inner” isn’t calculating the width properly, though I’ve not yet been able to find where to fix that.

mberwing Friend

I have the same problem with whatever Firefox version (tried with 3.6.5, 36.7 and now 3.6.8) while the menue is correctly displayed with Safari, Opera, Chrome or IE7.
    I can reproduce with my own side as well as it happens with your demo side http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_pyro

Can you please investigate this and get it solved.

Thanks

ekritter Friend

I can’t seem to replicate this bug. Are you folks sure you have not tweaked your display settings to make your text larger?

I’ve looked at it through IE6 through IE8, a couple of firefox releases including 3.6.8, current Safari, current Opera, current Chorme.

I don’t think there has been an update on this template has there?

mberwing Friend

I have not changed anything on the template nor on the Browser settings in Firefox. The setting is that the Browser allows the fonts and sizes of the webpage.
    I can reproduce the issue with whatever template width ….and as stated it happens with your demo page also.

But just an important hint that I have forgotten to say….because I am using a MAC.

I have tested this with FF 3.6.8 on MAC and can report the issue….while with exact same Browser settings I have no issues with
    FF 3.6.8 in Windows.
    Maybe “paulwallen” can confirm the same….so it is very restricted to FF under MAC OSX

ekritter Friend

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification mberwing. I had not checked it on a mac

If anyone finds a fix please post it. I have a site going live very soon using pyro…..

Saguaros Moderator

Hello all

Here is the code using for calculate with of the main menu, you find them at end of the file ja_pyro/layouts/blocks/head.php .

<!–Update width for mainnav –>
    <script type=”text/javascript”>
    //<!]>
    </script>

or you can fix width of this by add the following code inside the template.css file

#ja-mainnav .inner {
    width:593px!important
    }

GOodluck

mberwing Friend

I have tested with your prposal:

#ja-mainnav .inner {
    width:593px!important
    }

And it fixed the issue in Firefox on MAC OS…meaning last menu item is now on same level – but the code introduced now an issue that is impacting all browsers. The complete menu is not in the center anymore ….but moved to the right.

I have changed the width from 593px to 350px ….and this worked fine and all is o.k. now.

At least on my side I confirm the issue is fixed.

ninjacat Friend

The CSS did the trick in FireFox on a MAC. Looks fine in Safari and Google Crome on a MAC too!

thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ninjacat 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum