Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I recently installed this template on my joomla site.

The problem is that although I change the value in the .php file from 1 to 2 and this is saved as I check it later, the menu stays the same in my homepage.

Notice: I have unpublished the main menu module.

Thank you,

Hung Dinh Friend

You should publish the mainmenu or change menutype to mainmenu in the index.php file of the template

leonida Friend

You should publish the mainmenu or change menutype to mainmenu in the index.php file of the template</blockquote>

Hmm, nothing changes. It seems that although in the index.php the ja_menutype is set to 3, the menu stays the same. Any idea on how to fix it? To make it dropdown?

Thank you,

bernhar Friend

Can you give a URL?

Bernhard

leonida Friend

Can you give a URL?

Bernhard</blockquote>

Yes, no problem. The site is already running and although it is written in the greek language you can understand the problem.

http://www.gnosis.net.gr

bernhar Friend

So what do you expect to change? Type 3 is transmenu but are you sure that there are submenu items published? Without such items there is nothing that could change visually.

leonida Friend

So what do you expect to change? Type 3 is transmenu but are you sure that there are submenu items published? Without such items there is nothing that could change visually.</blockquote>

Yes exactly, the are subitems. There are categories and in the categories there are published items 🙂

I installed the template after a fresh joomla installation. And as you know in after joomla is installed the are already categories and content in them. The problem was there from the beginning. no dropdown menu 😉

bernhar Friend

Could it be that you are not aware of the fact, that you have to make menu items first? Having the content in sections and categories does not imply that it is connected to a menu item at all. This is basic joomla knowledge. 😉
    What do you see in the backend when going to menu > mainmenu? Any items defined as having a parent item?

leonida Friend

Could it be that you are not aware of the fact, that you have to make menu items first? Having the content in sections and categories does not imply that it is connected to a menu item at all. This is basic joomla knowledge. 😉
    What do you see in the backend when going to menu > mainmenu? Any items defined as having a parent item?</blockquote>

Well, let’s take it step by step as I am new in CMS objects.

I have published sections, categories and content. When I go to menu>main menu I see 5 items (5 sections that I linked with that menu). They are already on the orange bar as you can see (in greek, Αρχική, Βιβλία, Μαθήματα etc.). The 4th section for example if you click on it has 2 categories. And both of these categories have 1 item published in them.

So what am I missing and I don’t see the dropdown menu?

Thank you for your time and attention,

bernhar Friend

Now I see that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the menu in Joomla. Joomla does not link menu items automatically to something inside a section when a menu item links to a section.
    Go to your menu manager, choose main menu and now click on the icon named “New” in the horizontal bar above the list of menu items. Now you will see a table of choices what the new menu item should link to. Supposed you want it linking to a content item choose ” Link – Content Item ” by clicking on this choice. Now you will see a form where you can give this new menu item a name and below choose a content item from a list. Further below you can choose which menu item should be the parent of this new one. Do you get the trick?
    You can also change whether one of your existing menu items should be “Top” or under a parent. I´m sure you will see what I mean without giving you screenshots.
    In addition You can always click on the Help-Button wherever you are in the backend.

bernhar Friend

By the way this looks like a very interesting site you are building!
    Suppose your name is Λεωνίδας, right?

leonida Friend

Now I see that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the menu in Joomla. Joomla does not link menu items automatically to something inside a section when a menu item links to a section.
    Go to your menu manager, choose main menu and now click on the icon named “New” in the horizontal bar above the list of menu items. Now you will see a table of choices what the new menu item should link to. Supposed you want it linking to a content item choose ” Link – Content Item ” by clicking on this choice. Now you will see a form where you can give this new menu item a name and below choose a content item from a list. Further below you can choose which menu item should be the parent of this new one. Do you get the trick?
    You can also change whether one of your existing menu items should be “Top” or under a parent. I´m sure you will see what I mean without giving you screenshots.
    In addition You can always click on the Help-Button wherever you are in the backend.</blockquote>

Thank you very much for your answer, now everything works fine.

I had the impression that it should be done automatically 😀

Let’s enjoy our new dropdown menu!

Yes you got my name! The site is for the explanation of a spirtual teaching given by a certain group. Mainly is a tranlation of an american website which can be found here:

http://www.gnosticteachings.org

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  leonida 17 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum