Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I changed the background color from white. this also changed the menu background to same new color. How can I made main menu nav bar to different color than background. I did find a coupe of post to try but did not work. I have Teline IV T3V2 on Joomla 3.2 but on local host. thanks

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Please provide screenshot with exactly which element you want to change background color.
    Have you applied right css code ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI you can try this
    go to /templates/your ja template/css/template.css
    find this code

#ja-mainnav {
    line-height: 1;
    position: relative;
    z-index: 11;
    }

change it into

#ja-mainnav {
    line-height: 1;
    background: red;
    position: relative;
    z-index: 11;
    }

change the red color with your color code .

If it does not help . Please make your site live , so that i can suggest you exact changes .

Hope it helps you.

drsherlock Friend

Thank you for the response. Attached are 2 text files. I was not able to upload the CSS files. Please note the changes I made with your inputs. the original CSS file show nothing and the changes you helped me with put the menu to the far left and not spaced correctly. I managed to correct the in the code you can see. It appeared to work. However, there is a difference between the normal menu and the category menu from the Ja-News Pro module. The content around the menu nav shifts. I be glad to live this work but I have current Joomla Ja-Topaz site I need up there. I remember years ago that I could put a hidden site up but do not remember how. I will try to figure that out if you still need the working site to help me. thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @drsherlock Please make your site live first . Like this way its hard to assume the solution . and i can not provide you a solution without checking your site, it can effect other files .
    Once your site is live you can update me via post on Forum .

Hope you understand 🙂

drsherlock Friend

I do understand. Since the solution was given as the recommended code change in template.css, it pretty much worked. I still have a small issue but not a show stopper. I have a current site using Joomla 2.5 in Topaz template. My current work is going for Joomla 3.2 or 3.3 with Teline IV. since my host will discontinue the joomla 2.5, I believe I will work to finish my Teline IV changes then figure out how to upgrade Joomla to 3.3 then make the new template live for me and you. I do have a load in my computer service support business and have to set that as important also. I will let you know when I get the site live for your help. thanks again.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Sure makeyour site live . and let me know here .i will help u.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum