Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I have just updated to the lastest T3 Framework 2.1.6 with Template Smashboard 1.0.5 and Joomla 3.2.1

Since then the menu is acting strangely in Chrome, not in Firefox or Safari – (not sure in IE) When you hover the mouse over the menu headings on the left hand side the headings appear jumbled and it’s hard to click in the right place. The only thing that’s changed is the update in T3 framework to 2.1.6.

Do I need to update the template to 1.0.6 and if so do I also need to update the joomla version

When updating a template do I only need to update the files that have been changed since the last version? I don’t change any core files just add my own custom.css to the template.

Thanks for your time. 🙂

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

It would help if you post here your web-site URL.

Regards,

Alex

Leon Cuzzilla Friend
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Thanks for the link.

I’ve checked your http://parkwoodairliebeachaccommodation.com.au/joomla/ web-site’s menu items on my Linux/Chromium version 34.0.1847.116 and found your main menu items behaving just fine:

Did you try to access it via different machines?

Also, could you please create a screenshot with what you described in your opening post?

Regards,

Alex

1. menu_item_seems_ok
    pclemor Friend

Hi there Alexsmirnov,

I can confirm that this Smashboard template has this Chrome problem, however from my testing onto multiple computers , I discovered that on a Mac and PC at least this problem did NOT happen with Chrome 31.x but DID happen after Chrome auto-updated to Chrome 34 or 36.

As you can see from the image attached, when you move your cursor over the menu , the placement of the Menu items is way to the left over the icons and below their appropriate positions..

This does NOT occur in Firefox, or Safari, the old Opera [meaning before it took on the Chrome engine], …

Interesting enough Maxthom v4.1.3.4000 which is also based on Chrome does NOT have this issue, This makes sense as HTML5test.com reports that Maxthon is a Chrome 25 like product…

So this is definitely a bug that is caused by Chrome’s more recent version on Mac and PC and this template… I’m assuming it has to do with something that query is doing that

I have the latest version of T3 and the template

HELP 🙁

Thanks,

Pierre.

1. chrome34bug
    pclemor Friend

After about an hour of fiddling ,
    I found the issue, it has to do with a transition animation that is being done here:

template.css:1305 or navigation.less:81 (for transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out;)

.t3-mainnav .navbar .nav > li > a > span {
    display: none;
    padding-left: 1em;
    position: absolute;
    white-space: nowrap;
    font-family: ‘Open Sans’,arial,sans-serif;
    font-weight: 300;
    font-size: 2em;
    line-height: 2.5em;
    text-align: left;
    margin-left: -1px;
    opacity: 0.8;
    filter: alpha(opacity=80);
    /*-webkit-transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out; */
    -moz-transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out;
    -o-transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out;
    transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out;
    }

The nice thing is that when you delete transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out;, the others:
    /*-webkit-transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out; */
    -moz-transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out;
    -o-transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out;

are not generated once you recompile LESS…

IF YOU DISABLE in Inspect Element, both transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out; and /*-webkit-transition: opacity 0.35s ease-out; */ THEN the bug does NOT occur!

Both on your demo site and on my local Opera Next and Chrome 36…

I’m not smart enough to truly understand WHY this is happening but I did at least find the answer!

To be honest, I didn’t miss the animation after it was removed…

Leon Cuzzilla Friend

To pclemor

I commented out the section you suggested and yes it does now work! Thanks very much.

To Alexsmirnov, I am using Chrome 36.0.1985.125 with Mac OS X 10.9.4 and there is obviously a problem as suggested with this google update and the template. I have commented out the section in template.css but I don’t like to touch core files as they can get overwritten in template updates so is there a way I can do this in my custom.css at all?

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi folks,

Could you test those three offending in Chrome styles specified in you style sheets but with zero duration, like

-webkit-transition: opacity 0s ease-out;
    -moz-transition: opacity 0s ease-out;
    -o-transition: opacity 0s ease-out;
    transition: opacity 0s ease-out;

According to specifications for the “transition” style, if duration is set to zero, it won’t take effect. Please play with it.

If it works, then you will able to put it into your custom.css:

}

and comfortably forget about it.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

sacf Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 437941 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi folks,

Could you test those three offending in Chrome styles specified in you style sheets but with zero duration, like

According to specifications for the “transition” style, if duration is set to zero, it won’t take effect. Please play with it.

If it works, then you will able to put it into your custom.css:

}

and comfortably forget about it.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Hi Alex,

I was facing the problem, but thanks to you, now it is solved.

alexsmirnov Friend

@sacf,

Hi there,

I am pleased to hear that zero duration trick worked for you.

Happy joomlarting,

Regards,

Alex

Aratype Friend

Thank you for this…

Is it possible to have this in custom.css version?

Thank you!

Aratype Friend

Thank you! resolved in the other thread!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Aratype 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum