Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I followed the steps found in another template forum:

1: Copy the “head.php” file from “/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks” to “templates/ja_mendozite/blocks”

2: open it up and look for the following line:
    HTML Code:
    <link href=”<?php echo T3Path::getUrl(‘images/favicon.ico’) ?>” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” />
    3: Replace it with this line:
    HTML Code:
    <link href=”<?php echo JURI::base(true).”/templates/ja_mendozite/favicon.ico”; ?>” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” />

3: Place your custom favicon file to your template folder; “templates/ja_mendozite/favicon.ico”
    as
    This way whenever you upgrade your template to a newer version, it doesn’t undo the change you made.

I also replaced the favicon in other folders that contained a .ico file.
    =========================================================
    When I view the source code for the page it shows:
    <link href=”/templates/ja_mendozite/favicon.ico” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” />
    and the favicon shows correctly in opera and firefox but not the browsers that I have been using previously.

I have cleared jat cache, shut down browsers and restarted them.

Any other hints on how to get the favicon to display correctly?

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can put your domain on favicon link

Open head.php file on templates/ja_mendozite/blocks
    from

<link href="<?php echo JURI::base(true)."/templates/ja_mendozite/favicon.ico"; ?>" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />
    change to

<link href="<?php echo "your_domain/templates/ja_mendozite/favicon.ico"; ?>" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />

jennyblain Friend

well I tried this but still no favicon appearing – the source code for the page shows the path correctly to the icon
    <link href=”http://www.ascap.com.au/templates/ja_mendozite/favicon.ico” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” /> and the icon is there. Any other suggestions please?

jennyblain Friend

Following the instructions on this page to create a different icon file makes the icon appear in IE, safari and firefox (yay)
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8918384/favicon-not-showing-up-in-address-bar-in-ie9-yet-is-displayed-there-in-all-oth
    but chrome still has no favicon.

I think this is not a template issue but a favicon issue – thanks for your patience.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@jennyblain: This is result of your site, see the screenshot

It’s really working on your site, you need to clear cache from Admin area and check it again.

@jennyblain: If possible you can pm me url, admin access and ftp account. I shall check it for you then

1. favicon
    yolvy Friend

Hello There…
    I open the file header.php but I can even find that code?? I am in: /templates/ja_mendozite/blocks

Please advice if i need to added even there is no code as you show above. Thanks in advance.

jennyblain Friend

yolvo – this was an issue in February – I sorted it out quite some time ago. Thanks for following up but the issue is closed.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@yolvo; You can try to do this way again

+ Download and extract my attachment file

+ Copy it into templates/ja_mendozite/blocks/ path

+ Remember backup old file

+ Create favicon.ico file and copy it into templates/ja_mendozite/images/ folder

Always remember to clear cache from the Admin area after apply any changes

Let me know if it helps

1. head.zip
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum