Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello good morning, I am writing because I have many doubts about the acquisition of a membership JATC Standard Membership – 1 year, I want to know how many I can download templates for the duration of my membership, I am a web developer, and I use them to the websites of my customers, but mainly for a university that already has its own domain.

The truth I feel a little lost on how the licence, as is that of domains, whether to continue paying at the end of the membership. In addition I want to know how many templates can be downloaded, if they include modules and components. And about how many times I use every template in many websites:confused:. Because the information is confusing forums at least for me:confused:.

TomC Moderator

I believe if you want to use the templates for client websites, you need to purchase the Developer License.

As for how many templates you can download . . . and the Mods/Admins can correct me if I am mistaken) . . . I believe the correct response is ALL of them. That is, all that have been released and all that will be released within your membership period.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank Toms,
    Yes, what you need is the Developer License and you can download all released templates 51 and all templates which will be released during your membership.

And with Developer membership, you have unlimited license for all of the domains you develope

maryorycuf Friend

Hello good morning, thanks for your prompt response :D, I am writing again to raise the situation well, working at a university in the systems department, and now have their domain and website, which develops along with other colleagues in html. But it is difficult to maintain it, so I want to migrate to a CMS, in this case joomla.

I want the membership for me and donated to the university of their 2 templates for your website. It is a Catholic university, for humanities, but not free, has a modest cost per semester. The site is essentially an information and promotion activities and events within the university, and really would like to donate these templates 2.

Moreover, because of that I am located in Venezuela, the purchase of foreign currencies is limited and can only buy $ 400 a year, I do not have the opportunity to acquire the membership of developers. And the university, no longer has foreign currency for this purpose. The rest of the templates would be for personal use, and only donate these. Tell me that if I can do or is prohibited. :confused:

maryorycuf Friend

Thank Toms,
    Thank Hung Dinh,

For his response, and for being the outstanding of all users who access the site looking for answers to questions and concerns like me, are very helpful. Thanksโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™‚ I await your response.

TomC Moderator

Hmmm . . . . Well, although I am not a member of the JA Staff, I have seen people create websites for their groups, organizations and schools. If I am understandign correctly, your situation is a bit different than using JoomlART templates toward creating websites for a variety of clients – but, rather, you want to create a couple of websites for your school – which you attend/work. Is this correct?

Of course, the final word on this will have to be up to Hung and his partners, but given your particular situation, I am not certain you would need to have to purchase the Developers License … so long as your goal is for the sites just for your school.

๐Ÿ™‚

maryorycuf Friend

Thank Tom,

Hello, thank you very much for answering ๐Ÿ™‚ , is exactly the case, I ask clients, trying to explain that would not be a site of my property, but if it is for college where I work, like the template is under my license but that can be used in its website (University), As I said before is a Catholic university, for humanities and nonprofit.
    On the other hand if you can explain it as license to surrender joomlart with membership, we would appreciate me explain, because even I do not understand much :confused:. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Similarly if they want more information about the university, its current page and institutional my mail to find the information I have provided, and send me a message in private.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Maryorycuf,
    Further to what Tom has answered. If your single purpose of using JA template for the website for your own university, a JA standard membership should be enough. However, as a full time Web developer and you may want to use JA template for other client, the Developer membership should be considered.

maryorycuf Friend

Thank Hung Dinh,

If it is correct :), I want to use templates JA on the website of the university where I work, using its current domain, that is the main purpose. And the rest of the templates for my personal use.
    I am interested in acquiring the standard for membership by several factors can not acquire the developer, is an option that I have not referred to at the moment, but I will thank the present.

And if I understood well, you and I am authorized to use templates for the website of the University, anyway I will wait for confirmation. To make a payment to paypal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  maryorycuf 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum