Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It’s time once again to congratulate another member of the forum who shows the qualities of a good person.

This month we ran a poll on the forum, and the results were as follows:

Oceandragon 5 23.81%
    swemmel 8 38.10% < WINNER
    imaaxx 0 0%
    kalasoft 1 4.76%
    instantinlaw 6 28.57% bigrk 1 4.76%
    jamesac 0 0%

Swemmel was placed onto this poll, as they were in a tie with Menalto, last month’s winner. However, in the lead with 2 posts I would like to congratulate Swemmel.

Swemmel has been a wonderful assistant on the forum, helping everyone on the board to no benefit to themselves. Swemmel has been a great addition to our community, and hopefully with the prize they’ll stay longer 🙂

Swemmel, congratulations and thank you!

Michael C – on behalf of the staff at JoomlArt

++++++++++++

Hi Swemmel, can you tell us a little about you? Where do you live? Is Swemmel your real name?

My real name is Peter Swemmelaar and I live in The Netherlands.

Have you got a personal webpage and if so, was this site designed by you?

Yes, I have a personal website. The template I use on my website is a customized JA-Xenia template.

How did you become to know the open-source Joomla system?

I was meeting somebody with a website about Ukraine. He asked me to help me with this website, wich was in Mambo. After some time we moved to Joomla. So I know about and work with Mambo/Joomla for about 3 years now.

How did you become to know our JoomlArt templates?

I started my personal website on a free host with simple html. After a while I decided to use Joomla for my website too and was searching for a good template. Then I came to JoomlArt and stayed.

What made you stay with JoomlArt?

The first-class templates in the first place. But after a while I started to help other members, answering questions etcetera and I must say that it gives much pleasure when you can help somebody. JoomlArt is a kind of addiction. :laugh:

What motivates you to help out your fellow members of the community?

First of all the positive feedback when you could help somebody and second when trying to answer members questions I also learn new things.

What is your favourite JoomlArt template?

Still I use JA-Xenia on my website. But I also like JA-Utahia and the new JA-Pariiti very much.

What do you like about JoomlArt?

[Swemmel]
    I like the wide range of templates, the add-ons wich are provided with the templates and the living community.

If you ran JoomlArt for a day, what would you do? Would you change anything?

If you asked me one month ago I would have said, move the site to another server because of the problems with the speed. But that is already taken care of. 😉

What kind of templates are you interested in seeing more of?

Hmm, I don’t know at once. I like to be surprised every 2 weeks with the new templates.

What is your current employment status (what do you do)?

I am a project-manager, working for the Dutch government.

What is your best achievement that you’re proud of?

I am proud to be a member of JoomlArt and that I can help the people here.

What is the biggest mistake you’ve done and how did you learn from it?

I did react too emotionally to a member who had critic to JA in a very unpolite way. I learned from it to be always professional and polite.

Anything else you’d like to mention that you feel is important for us to know about you?

Well, I want to thank everybody who voted for me. I am proud to be MOTM.
    I want to say to everybody, if you can help somebody, just do it. It gives much satisfaction and it keeps the community alive.[/quote]

instantinlaw Friend

Congrats Peter!
    A well deserved victory on your part. Keep up the great work. 😀

ErikThorsen Friend

Yes, well done Peter! Keep feeding us with useful info!!

gregory3 Friend

Congrats! Well deserved. Peter is awesome, helped me a lot on one particular issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gregory3 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum