Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi, i’m havingo a problem with the mega menu. In chrome and firefox works fine, but in ie 9 the submenu items shows only the first time and the the menu doesn’t show them anymore

Can you help me please??

Thank’s!!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Just for better clarification, please include screenshot and your site URL here for further investigation. I will check the error direclty on your site

loquero Friend

Hi the link is: http://www.boticanatural.com.ar

There you can see that the sub menu items seeing the site with internet explorer appears sometimes only

Thank’s!

Ninja Lead Moderator

I checked link your site on ALL browser, i saw it was conflicted jQuery and mega menu(using Mootools), please extension load jQuery on your site.

You are only load a jQuery on your site(currently it load both). Look at the screenshot.

1. Both_jQuery
    loquero Friend

Can you tell me please how to load both jquery?

Thank’s!

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can do that, using jQuery.noConflict, you can make multiple versions of jQuery coexist on the same page. For instance

<script src='jquery-1.3.2.js'></script>
    <script> var jq132 = jQuery.noConflict();</script>
    <script src='jquery-1.4.2.js'></script>
    <script> var jq142 = jQuery.noConflict();</script>

Hope this helps answer your question.

indochinatreks Friend

Hi,
    I am having same problem with my site. Can you check my site and let me know how to deal with this: http://indochinatreks.com. Am not a Webmaster so do not know much about code.
    Submenu on my site does not show on Firefox!

Ninja Lead Moderator

You have checked the problem on your site with FireFox18 but this is problem from the latest version of FireFox browser you can read more about it here : https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mootools-users/JxMG49rk6tY

We already have a thread explaining the issue : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/firefox-18-errors/

That’s the reason your site menu doesn’t load on FireFox, It works fine in other browsers.

We are waiting for more info / fix from the firefox side.

indochinatreks Friend

So now we could not do anything until the problems solved by FF team?
    I am not the only one to view our site but our clients. So do hope if there is anyway to solve the problem!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@indochinatreks 357486 wrote:</em><blockquote>So now we could not do anything until the problems solved by FF team?
    I am not the only one to view our site but our clients. So do hope if there is anyway to solve the problem!</blockquote>

I understand your concern but we also await information from FF, hope they will fix it soon.

indochinatreks Friend

Can you check if there is any solution for my site? It’s nearly 1 year and my sub menu is not showing on FF – the newest version!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@indochinatreks 367948 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you check if there is any solution for my site? It’s nearly 1 year and my sub menu is not showing on FF – the newest version!</blockquote>

Lately many of Joomla 1.5 site owners have been experiencing weird Java script errors when tried to use their site with FireFox browser. Receiving lots of request almost simultaneously the first reaction was that some software update caused the problem.

Turned to be true, Firefox 18 and the version of MooTools Java Script library that ships with Joomla 1.5 are not compatible. So, sites NOT using the MooTools are safe, and also Joomla 1.7+ sites (including all Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0 versions) are also safe.

Another reason to upgrade .

Okay, upgrade (more precisely migration) can be weeks away, is not a simple process, so what can be done? To fix this issue you will need to open up plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js and paste the following snippet of code at the very top of the document (before the MooTools declaration).

String.prototype.contains = function(string, separator){
    return (separator) ? (separator + this + separator).indexOf(separator + string + separator) > -1 : String(this).indexOf(string) > -1;
    };

Remember to clear cache from Admin area, let me know the result

indochinatreks Friend

it works well now. Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  indochinatreks 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum