Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone. First, thanks for all your work on the templates. My website uses the JA Purity II template with a megamenu at the top, which has worked well for us to this point. (The site is running Joomla 2.5.8)

However, we recently rolled out a bunch of Windows 8 tablets here. We are seeing what appears to be a common issue. IE10 when in “metro” mode does not handle hover items when using touch. Big discussion here along with Microsoft’s explanation here.

The solution seems to be to add aria-haspopup=”true” to the megamenu items. I was able to find a post about adding this attribute to the admin backend menus here and successfully added the lines mentioned. The backend is working great with my touch device now.

My issue is that I can’t quite figure out the proper way to add this attribute to my megamenu. Could anyone provide a little guidance on the correct file/location that I would want to add this for my frontend? Thanks!

Nazario A Friend

Hi mkeehn,

Please do as follow:

– Open file : pluginssystemjat3jat3coremenubase.class.php

– You can change in line 487:

function genMenuItem($item, $level = 0, $pos = ”, $ret = 0)

This is custom work and I’m afraid that I can not be of much help here, it is out of our support scope.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nazario A 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum