Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am working on a 30-lang site with mega menu. More than that, this site uses VirtualDomains to realize 3 domain names.

I did read T3 documentation regarding mega menu and multi-lang. I still have problem to be solved.

In my plan, I expect my sites looks like: [subdomaina | subdomainb | subdomainc].mysite.com/[en | ar | au…]

Now the problem: VirtualDomains asks me to assign a menu to a domain name. This forces me to put all language menu items in one menu. Is it possible to achieve mega menu like that?

I tried:

1. Not assigning any menu item as language index. This will cause T3 mega menu failed to load menu correctly.
    2. Since I have mixture of languages in my menu, I assigned one lang (let’s say en) as language index. Then T3 mega menu successfully loads english menu items. Then I cancelled english index and add Argentina. Unfortunately this will cause mega menu invalid in English pages .

It seems the only way I can solve this problem is replanning my sites like: [en | ar | au…].[subdomaina | subdomainb | subdomainc].mysite.com However, this will ask me to register about 100 sub-domains.

Please. Any comments could be helpful. Shawn

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  shawnhy.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Shawn,

It seems to be a big site. By default, in Joomla (not only with T3 framework), you will have:

• 1 default menu
    • each menu has its own version for each language

So putting all items into a menu is not the right way for multilingual in Joomla.

If possible, you can create a site for each sub domain, it’s better to manage and configure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum