Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Having upgraded JAT3 and Purity II to j2.5 version on my test site the login form on mega menu behaves as follows in the following browsers:

Firefox v18.0.1: where the input form has ‘remembered you’, you start to type in the username and the drop-down presents the username it has remembered (see image login1.gif). If you then move the arrow on to the username to select it, the rest of the input form vanishes (see login2.gif). You can still click on the username to select it and then select the form on the menu again and the username will be present with the password (see login3.gif)

IE v9: if you hover on the username with which you are prompted in the drop-down, the form vanishes before you can submit anything

Safari: never remembers username or password but you can log in Ok with no problem

Chrome: always presents username/password with no prompting – you can log in ok with no problem

I’ve tried this on two PCs – one with Vista and one with Windows 7 with same results. Is this possibly a CSS problem? Thanks.

1. login1
    2. login2
    3. login3
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I tried opening demo site of JA Purity 2.5 template but I didn’t face problem like you, please update url of your site here and set Compress CSS in Template manager to No, I shall check for you.

nota_bene_1 Friend

The test site is http://www.youngcc.co.uk/jtest2/ I will PM you a superadmin login. I’ve set Optimize CSS to ‘no’ as suggested, but the problem persists. Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

How can I have that login form to reproduce the same issue? I access your site but it seems to be removed.

nota_bene_1 Friend

It should be there now. It seems to have been removed from the menu. The site also uses cookie control, so you must AGREE to accept cookies on the banner that may appear at the top of the page, otherwise the Login Form will not be visible.

nota_bene_1 Friend

I now see that this problem is happening on the live site at http://www.staffierescuescotland.co.uk. As the common denominator is that both sites run JAT3 for j2.5 (the test site has the latest version of Purity II but the live site has the old version for j1.n) it suggests that the issue arises because of the JAT3 framework, not the template.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi nota_bene_1,

This is a annoying issue as it depends on behavior of browser.
    Here the patch file that you can give a try.

Please overwrite this file at pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultjsmenumega.js

Hope it helps.

Regards

1. mega.zip
    nota_bene_1 Friend

Thanks Wall Crasher. It seems to have fixed the error for Firefox, but not IE – as soon as you hover over the username that drops down the whole form closes and vanishes. This is really annoying!

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi nota_bene_1,

I have checked your site http://www.staffierescuescotland.co.uk/ and it seems to work fine.
    I have tested with both IE10 and IE9 (IE10 Developer Toolbar)
    Please try to clear the browser cache and try again. Please check again on other computer as well.

If you still have problem, please tell me.

Regards

nota_bene_1 Friend

Thanks again. I have re-tested with IE9 having deleted cache. I get the same issue – as soon as I hover on the username that is presented in the dropdown (i.e. I type ‘a’ for admin, and username Admin dropsdown for selection) the form still vanishes. I have tried on a PC running Vista and one with Windows 7. This is really strange! I appreciate your help.

nota_bene_1 Friend

I should add: the issue persists on both my test site that is using the j2.5 template and the live site that is still on the old template version. I think it best to fix the issue on the test site so that I can then upgrade the template on th elive site. Test site is http://www.youngcc.co.uk/jtest2/

Also, as well as deleting/refreshing browser cache, I cleaned JAT3 cache.

nota_bene_1 Friend

I can not remember how this issue was cured – it was too long ago. Unfortunately it has now re-appeared since I upgraded to JAT3 version 2.6.8. I am running Joomla v 2.5.19 and JA Purity II version 2.5.4.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you update the URL of your test site again? as the above link doesn’t work

nota_bene_1 Friend

Sorry for delay – I didn’t get advice that you had replied to my post. I will PM test site details to you. I tried the previously posted fix which did seem to work for Firefox, but not IE. I haven’t tried other browsers. Thanks

nota_bene_1 Friend

Tried to PM you but it doesn’t appear to have worked – will retry. The test site is http://www.youngcc.co.uk/test. It seems that the issue is only arising with IE (I’m on v11). It seems to be OK on Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nota_bene_1 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum